Chapter 24

Colten:

I had a few of my men watch Stealfur from a distance. I wanted to find out for sure if my mate was there but didn't want to raise suspicions. My men reported back to me a few hour ago that they had seen her. So, I decided to go there myself to be sure. Derrick, my wolf would not calm down after we heard they had seen her. All he did was cry. This is the reason I didn't want a weak mate. All they would do is make me weak along with them.

I had my beta contact Stealfur's Alpha to let them know we want to come on to their land. We did not specify why. I didn't want her to find out we were coming and run from me again. Soon enough I would have her again. Derrick began to purr at the thought of her. I rolled my eyes at him. She would never get away from me again. The moment I see her I swear I will drag her back even if she screams and cry's and she will never see the light of day again. No one escapes me! Derrick became irritated with my thoughts.
Soon enough we arrived onto Stealfur territory.

Ryder:

A few hours ago I got the mind link from Miles saying that the Alpha of Dark Night Pack wanted to come onto our land. He did not say why, but I guess we will find out. The relationship between our two packs was ok. There was nothing inherently wrong, however their new alpha I found to be a bit cocky. He seemed to think that he was the highest power even though everyone knows that my pack is much larger and stronger. But, I let him be. He is irrelevant to my life.
Anyway, I am just here to enjoy my morning with my beautiful mate. We came down to the kitchen to eat breakfast and I made her some pancakes and eggs. We sat in comfortable silence while we ate. I will say though I enjoyed her eyes on me as I cooked. Interrupting my thoughts I saw her begin to stand up with her plate. Only a small amount had actually been eaten. The rest was just moved around on the plate. I placed my hand on her wrist before she fully got up.

"Are you sure you can't eat at least a little more? For me please?" I asked, giving her my best puppy dog eyes.

No one other than my mate will ever see this side of me. But for her? I will show her every side. Good or bad. I know she will love me either way, just like how I will love her no matter what.

She looked at me with pained eyes and it made my heart hurt.

"I can't." She said so softly she almost whispered.

I gave her a soft smile.

"Ok" I told her.
I took her plate and gathers up mine as well and took them to the sink to wash. On my way I gathers all the bowls and pans I had used and began to wash up.

"Can I help?" My little Rose came up behind me saying.

I looked at her sweet face and couldn't say no.

"How about you dry I'll wash?"

She face brightened up as the made herself useful. There was no reason for her to help. It is my job to make her life a paradise. She should never have to lift a finger if she doses not want to. However it seems she likes to help others. Or at least me. Which I will always welcome. After I finished the last dish I stepped over to come up behind her. Slowly and gently I brought my arms around her waist. She only tense for moment then relaxed into my touch. My heart soared. I placed my chin on the top of her head. I felt her breath out a content sigh. This is all I have ever wanted. All I could ever ask for. She. Is all I could ever want or ask for.

Rose:

Ryder handed me the last dish and I started to dry it with the towel. When he came up behind me I got nervous for only a moment. Then I remembered. This was Ryder. My mate. The mate I dreamed of since I was small. He may not know every detail of my past but from what he does know he is not ashamed or repulsed by me. He is understanding and accepting. And most of all loving. Something I have not felt in a long, long time. His arms round me and the feeling of his breathing and heart beat on my back is reassuring. It makes me feel safe and wanted. My chest tightens. I always wanted to feel this kind of love. And now? I never want to loose it. Never let it go. Never let him go.

"Rosy my love what's the matter?! Did I do something? Did I squeeze you too hard or something?!" Ryder heard my sniffles and turned me around to face him in a small panic.

I look up at his big beautiful eyes.

"No, I'm ok." I tell him wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Please tell me what's the matter my darling."

Without Loosening my grip I whispered,

"Thank you Ryder... for everything.
I love you."

He was quite for a moment before his arms around my small waist tightened.

"I love you more then anything in this world my little mate. I would move heaven and earth just to make you happy Rose. You make me the luckiest man in the world by being my mate. So thank you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...