Chapter 4

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I changed Beta Jake's name to Beta Owen.
Beta Jake and I just weren't Vibin.

Also I will not be posting pictures of the characters. I just prefer to picture my own characters in my head when I'm reading so... yeah.
Now, on with the story!

Rose's POV:

I woke up that morning hearing voices from the other room. I felt a pain in my chest from waking up in an unknown bed all alone. I wanted to see what all the commotion was about so I slowly got out of bed and made my way to what I assumed was the closest. There were a few t shirts and pairs of jeans, so I grabbed one that seemed like they would fit ok and changed my clothes. The jeans were slightly too tight and the shirt seemed over sized on me but it would have to do.

(Rose's outfit above: without the bag)

"I smell food!" Said Ila as I opened the door.
I walked down the stairs and the voices got louder. When I finally made my way to what seemed to be the kitchen all conversations stoped. All attention seemed to turn to me when I walked in. Some looks were of confusion or distaste. Others were of pity, which I didn't really understand but I just ignored it.

With all the people here so early in the morning I can only assume that I'm in the Pack house, which seemed kind of strange. Usually, especially with a pack as large as the Dark Moon pack the alpha male and female would have their own house away from the pack house.

"Ahh Rose!" Called an older woman, breaking the silence.
"It's so good to finally meet you! I have been waiting since Jake told me about you!" The older woman seemed very kind and enthusiastic. She had brown hair with hints of gray from old age, and kind green eyes.

"Oh how rude of me! I'm Eliza, Colten's mother." The woman exclamation.

"Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you Luna." I said extending my hand.

"Please, call me Eliza." She said, holding my hand with hers.

"Rose!" Beta Owen call to me from the door way. The room once again went quiet.

"Alpha would like to see you in his office." He stated with a blank expression.
People began whispering, but I didn't care what they had to say. Ila and I were too excited to see our mate again.

I nodded at him and Beta Owen led me up stairs to the alpha wing. I looked around to see only two rooms one, which I would assume was a bedroom, and another that has to be his office, but what was strange was that my mate's sent was very faint by the bedroom. That means he must not sleep there often. Beta Owen pulled me out of my thought when I heard him knock on a large wooden door. I can tell it is the office because of the strong sent of my mate radiating off the room.

"Come in." Called a deep mesmerizing voice from the other side of the door.

Beta Owen opened the door and motioned for me to go inside. I took a step forward in the the large room full of books and a desk covered in papers to see my gorgeous mate. When he looked up at me we made eye contact and I expected at least a small smile, but instead I was greeted with an expressionless frown.

"Come sit." Said Alpha Colten, looking back down at the papers on his desk.

When I made my way over to his desk I was in a bit of a daze due to the overwhelming sent. I wanted to be closer to him. I wanted for him to hold me in his arms and kiss me like I always dreamed he would.
When I approached his desk he finally turned his attention away from his paper work and over to me. But I was completely caught off guard when he said,

"I don't want a mate." He stated plainly.

In that moment my heart sank to the pit of my stomach.

"W-what?" I choked out, still In shock from the statement.

"Don't take it personally, I just simply don't want a mate. Having a mate would make me weak and I can't afford to be weak." He told me.

To be continued...

Thanks for reading!💜✨