Chapter 17

Rose's POV:

At that moment I felt Ila cry out. I felt a tightening in my chest. NO! I promised I would not let myself get hurt again. I said I would not get attached or give myself any hope. But I couldn't help this feeling.

"Oh shut up Tiffani! Everyone knows Ryder wants nothing to do with you. Never has, never will. Especially now that he has found him mate."

"Oh yeah, I heard about that. But from what I've heard she won't be much competition. I hear she is just an ugly little runt who flinches at the smallest little things. Stealfur is one of the strongest packs in the world. They will never accept a weakling for their Luna. Right now Ryder is still just on his mate high, but he will soon see what she really is. An ugly, useless little piece of shit. And once he dose he will come running to me and beg me to be his Luna."

Those words didn't bother me as much as they used to. At this point I knew it was true. I had been told this my whole life. She was right. Even if he is kind to me now he will only turn out like the others later. I think that's what hurt me most.

"What's going on here?!" I loud voice called out, catching everyone's attention.

I turned around to see Ryder waking through a small crowed of people that seemed to have formed around us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder's POV:

I was sitting in my office doing my work when my mom came in. I looked up to see she smiling face.

"Where is Rose?" I asked her.

I wanted to be with my mate.

"Don't worry she is with Addie getting dinner. They should be back soon." She told me.

That was good. I couldn't wait to have her in my arms. If she lets me that is. I look across my desk at my mother who seems to be wearing a sad smile.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"It's just that... Rose... you can see it. In her eyes. All the pain and hurt she has gone through. It's all there. I just..." she says as she hold back a sob.

It breaks my heart not only to see my poor mother cry but also to think of how much pain my mate could be in. I get up and wrap my arms around my mother's shoulders to try to comfort her. After she calmed down a bit I pulled back from the hug.

"You better treat her right, do you hear me?!" She says to me accusingly.

"Yes mother, she will be my princess, my angel, my life." I tell her, full of adoration.

Xander agrees with me on that statement.

"Good boy!" She says.

"Ryder!" Calls out Addie through mind link.

She sound a bit panicked, making me panic.

"Is mate alright?! Is she ok?!" Xander panics.

"What is it Addie?!"

"You need to come down to the mall food court now!"

"Why what's going on?!"

"Nothing too bad yet, but I don't think it's going to stay like this for long." She tells me.

I look over at mom and she gives me a nod.

"Go!" She tells me.

I rush out of the room and make my way to the mall, to my sister. To my mate.

~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~

I make my way through the small crowed till I see my sweet mate sitting in her chair looking like she is on the brink of tears.

Xander let's out a low growl for whoever made my princess cry.

"RYDIIIIII!" Screeched Tiffani, making her way over to me.

"I'm going to throw up in your mouth!" Xander gaged.

"Don't you dare!" I scolded him chuckling.

Tiffani was an attention and power seeking bitch. I don't usually throw that word around but in this case it completely fits. I ignored Tiffani trying to push her breasts up on me and I make my was over to my adorable mate. Addie was still stirring there staring daggers at Tiffani.

"Rose, lovely, are you alright? Are you hurt any where?" I asked as I keeled down in front of her . I softly cup her face with one of my hands and use my thumb to wipe away a stray tear. She seems a little hesitant at first but she soon leaned into my touch. My heart warmed at her actions. Thank goodness she was getting more comfortable with me even if I wasn't much to others. It meant the world to me.

————————————————-

To be continued...

Please vote and comment!

Much love
~ Fay the Day✨❤️