Chapter 23

Hey guys!
I'm sorry it takes me so long to update. If I'm being completely honest I kinda forget I have this story... but I get to it eventually.

Todays chapter:
Anyway, this is going to be kinda a short chapter because I takes me a long time to write a chapter but I also want to get something out for you guys so this is all I can come up with for now.

The future:
I would love to here from you guys on what you want to rest of this story to be! I can't decide if I want to develop more of the actual plot or if I just kinda want to write fluff and maybe talk about Rose's trama a little more and really just focus in our main couple.

⬆️Please let me know what you guys want to happen in the comments!!

Rose:

It's been a few weeks since I have found my apparent "second mate". It's so strange. He really is everything my mother told me he would be. Everything I dreamed he would be. I wish he was the one that had found me back at my old pack. I wish that I could have found him sooner. Then maybe I wouldn't have had to meet "Him". Even the thought of him gives me all kind of pain. A tight feeling in my chest, shivers down my spine, but also a sinking feeling in my stomach. I just wanted to forget everything about him. But that was easier said then done. I hadn't been there long, but it felt like forever and a day. The loneliness I felt was worse then I had ever felt in my life, because I wanted him to be with me but it wasn't that he couldn't but that he wouldn't. He chose not to be with his mate and that broke me. More than I care to admit. Sometimes, I still have nightmares of him hitting me, and saying all the terrible things he had said to me. I would lay in bed and silently cry. That is, until a few nights ago.

Ryder:

Every night I had been sleeping on the couch across the room from her. I knew she would not be comfortable sleeping next to me yet so o have her the space she needed. However, Xander could only be so far away from our mate. So I asked her if we could at least stay in the room. She hesitantly agreed. Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night to the soft sniffling of my mate's silence cries. I couldn't stand it. I never wanted to see her cry. The first few times I went over just to make sure she wasn't in any kind of pain then went back to my couch and just laid there feeling useless. I should have found her sooner. I should have been the one to save for from the Hell she went through and I will always beat myself up over that. Finally, after a few night of her crying I couldn't take it anymore. When I heard her sniffles I shapely made my way over to the bed and gently climbed in under the covers. I tried my best not to wake her, but I carefully slide in close to her and brought her into my arms and laid her head on my chest. After a while the sniffles stoped and the tears dried. I was so thankful I could give my mate some sort of peace. Even if she got angry with me in the morning.

Rose:

I woke up that morning feeling so warm. I had slept better than I had in weeks. When I tried to get up to go to the bathroom I realized there was a weight across my stomach. My heart beat began to quicken as I turned to look behind me. The arm wrapped around my center belonged to Ryder. He lay peacefully next to me, fast asleep.  I took a deep breath and my heart slowed to its normal pace. I hadn't realized that he moved from his spot on the couch to the bed. I surprised even myself when his presence didn't startle me from my sleep. I felt warm, I felt safe. This was where I was meant to be. I'm his arms I could forget. I never knew I could feel this way.

After a while if me just staring at my mate I saw his eyes slowly fritter open. His eyelashes could have sent a breeze from how long they are.

He seemed to be a big surprised to see me awake and staring at him.

"Oh! Good morning my little love." He says, removing his arm from my waist while also sitting up so that he is up against the head board.

I raised my eyebrow it the name. Well, I guess compared to him I am kinda small.... Who am I kidding. Compared to anyone I'm small. I'm probably only at like 5'2-5'3 so yeah that name actually makes sense.

"Good morning." I greet softly. My voice is still a little groggy due to not having use it yet today. So I still have a bit of a morning voice. He smiled widely at me. Then his expression changed from happy to an call most worried look.

"I'm really sorry for climbing into bed with you last night. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just heard to crying and I couldn't take it any more because I never want to hear or see you cry and..." he rambled. He probably would have kept going had I not placed my hand over his mouth.

"It's ok." I told him. "I don't mind."

He sighed in relief.

———————————————-

To be continued....

Please let me know what you want to read!

With love,
💜Faye the Day💜