Chapter 7

Rose's POV:

Rose's POV:

The day after I was discharged I was sitting in the pack house living room surrounded by my own thoughts. I hadn't seen Colten all week while I was in the hospital, then when I finally get home I don't see him all day.

Ila has become weak so I haven't heard from her in a while, which is concerning. Ever since I first shifted when I was 16 she has been my only friend. She has been with me through all the pain and misery I have been through and I don't know what I would do without her.

"What are you doing?" Colten asked me, pulling me out of my thoughts.
I looked to see him standing in the doorway staring at me.

"What do you want?" I snapped.
Colten raised an eyebrow at my attitude.

"I was on my way home when I saw you looking very intently at the carpet." He told me.

"You know, I've dreamed of meeting my mate since I was a kid. I dreamed about how he would save me from the hell I lived in." I said, feeling the tears beginning to fall.

"But then when I met you, and you didn't want me. The one person who was made for me doesn't want me. The one person who is supposed to love me more than anything refuses to to even look at me." That's when I began to sob.
"And it hurts so much to think that all my life I thought there would be at least one person out there who cared about me, just to find out they couldn't care less about me."
By now tears were none stop streaming down my face.

"Where were you?" I asked.

Colten stood there straight faced.

"I needed you! And you weren't there. I was in pain because of you and couldn't even take a moment of your day to see me?!" I began raising my voice.
"All you had to do was be there! I never asked you to Mark me. I just needed you to BE THERE!" I sobbed.

Colten was beginning to look irritated, but I didn't care.

"What was so important that you couldn't come see me for even a moment?! What were you so afraid of?!" I yelled.

That's when he snapped. He raised his hand and smacked me right across the face full alpha force. I fell to the floor, shocked that he really hit me. The mate bond should have made it almost impossible for him to do that. I looked back up at him to see no remorse nor regret. That's when I knew I couldn't stay here. I quickly ran up to my room to get my things. My tear stained face would definitely have a bruise for at least a few hours. I grabbed my bag and began making my way out the door when I felt a hand grab my arm.

"Where do you think you are going?!" Said Alpha Colten.

"I don't know, but I do know that I will not spend another moment here. I've already lived in an abusive house and I will NOT live in another." I stated, jerking my arm away, shifting into my wolf and running as fast as I can.

To be continued...
Thanks for reading!!🔥🥲