Chapter 20: The Set Up

Ariadne

Being a smartass with a sharp mouth was fine and good. I was used to it. That was my personality.

But no one quite evoked such a bold sexual part of me as Damon did.

He tried to kiss me in my apartment.
He pressed his dick into my ass in his kitchen.
He slipped his fingers inside me and almost made me come under a dining table.

Did I have to tell Robyn? What would I even say? Your brother wants to have sex with me and I would die to get him in bed?

Stupid. Everything about this was so painfully stupid.

And I'd never wanted something more.

Rich & Hungry

Robyn: Let's go to a restaurant this Friday for dinner. Give Bella and Damon a break.

Damon: Glad you acknowledge that we're the only ones who know how to cook.

Bella: Hubby & I can't make it. Doctor appt. Will be there next week xx

She hadn't told me anything about that. My sister got married a couple months ago and rarely had time for me now, but I tried to call her every couple days on the phone. On the rare occasions I could get a hold of her, we talked for hours but I missed her like I'd miss a lung. Once a week was not enough and now, she wasn't even coming to dinner.

Rich & Hungry

Christian: Doubtful for me too. Partners in town and I've got to meet them.

Ariadne: Wow. My own siblings bailing on us hard.

Dean: Down for restaurant

Robyn: Ariadne, are you in?

Ariadne: Yes! Can't wait.

It was true, I couldn't. These weekly dinners gave me something to look forward to. It was my little found family, giving me the sense of community and love I had always wanted. They even brought me closer to my own siblings, having to see them every week. In the past couple months, our dinners had become my solace, my joy, a place where I could truly relax.

Growing up as me meant not many people wanted to talk to me or if they did, it was to visit my house, make me introduce them to my lovelier siblings, or invite me to their birthday parties so I would bring them a nice expensive gift. It was easier not to form too many close friendships. It was easier to not be seen. So I stayed the quieter weird kid with gorgeous siblings. Now I had friends who knew me for all my life and still wanted to be around me. It was new. Fresh. Needed.

Rich & Hungry

Robyn: Alright so Flora at 7 pm on Friday

Ariadne: Oh, hell yes

Flora was one of the most luxurious restaurants in New York, owned by the Hales. I'd never dined there before but I was dying to. The waiting list was three months booked. Even though I knew Robyn could probably snap her fingers and get us in, I never wanted to abuse my friendship with her in that way.

Rich & Hungry

Damon: Did you call them?

Robyn: No, do I need to?

Damon: Just let them know we'll be coming. The waiting list is long this time of the year. And on a Friday too.

Robyn: Will they recognize me?