Chapter 5: A Shameless Rake

Ariadne

Bella scrunched her nose at the mannequin display as if it somehow personally offended her. In her world, I suppose it could have. My fashionista younger sister was a girl boss, owning the rooms she walked into with all her airs and graces. She was the accomplished star–the precious one. She knew what people wanted to see, hear, and write about, giving the family business her best smile and putting up an incredible front. Because of her, Christian was loved all over the world and partnership proposals streamed in at the prospect of working with the young mogul. Bella wasn't just good at what she did, she was the best. And also, a total Bridezilla.

In an effort to calm her nerves before the wedding (and offer me some well-deserved respite), Robyn and I whisked her away for a weekend in Cabo, shopping and sipping alcohol, partying like crazed women with nothing better to do. Bella loved Cabo and hinted lightly that it was kind of a special place for her and her soon-to-be husband.

To our dismay, the boy band of Francis, Damon, Dean, and Christian insisted on joining us as some sort of communal vacation. Eventually, we agreed solely because Christian made a single phone call and was able to get us the best luxury villa on a private beach. Sure, I hated money but sometimes, it was real handy.

Robyn shielded her eyes with her hand, fanning herself from the sweltering heat that molded her thin white shirt and denim shorts to her shining olive skin. Somehow, she still looked good. She was so classically pretty, innocent and sweet, it was hard for anyone not to like her.

"This is getting a little insufferable," Robyn complained lightly. "I feel like I'm going to die."

"It is really hot and I'm not loving the selection here," Bella groaned, twirling the end of a dress in her fingers. In all this heat, she was still wearing a prim, pink dress. "Let's go back."

"And do what?" I frowned. Despite the heat, I was enjoying walking through the markets and picking up little trinkets here and there.

"Let's swim," Robyn suggested. "We leave tomorrow afternoon anyway. Might as well use the pool one last time before we hit the beach tonight."

"God, the pool sounds heavenly right now. Let's go," Bella said, grabbing my hand. I trudged along behind her.

We walked the short distance back, finished our shaved ices, stripped our clothes off, changed into bathing suits, and dove into the infinity pool. Loud music played on the speakers as the men streamed out to join us. Robyn's breath hitched when Dean and Christian walked out and Bella scanned Francis like he was dessert.

Even I begrudgingly admitted that the view was essentially a walking Abercrombie advertisement. Everything with a pulse drooled over my brother and Francis was quite possibly one of the most handsome men I'd ever known.

Granted the only two people I technically had license to check out were Dean and Damon and Dean was emotionally taken. Which left me with a mobster. And fortunately for me, he wasn't around for me to ogle.

In the two days we'd already been here, Christian and Damon had been huddled in separate rooms taking phone calls and working the entire time, completely avoiding the sunshine and waters. The two of them only came out at night to drink beer around the beach bonfire though my brother was still on his phone the entire time.

Damon's cold henchmen surrounded the area loosely, walking in and out of the rooms and keeping an eye on everything. Also, eye-candy, if I may add.

Bella pulled Francis straight into the cool water while Dean and Christian perched on the edge and dropped their legs in, taking in the view and talking business. There was some weird tension between them. Christian didn't seem to like him very much but then again, my brother didn't like many people.