10. an analysis of horror

-

◜                                                  ◝10

10. an analysis of horror
◟                                                  ◞

˖⁺ 🕷⋆ ୭ ⛓ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

ONE NOTIFICATION FROM DISCORD !

LORELAI'S REFRIGERATOR
🟢 24,294 online ⚪️ 57,128 members

lorelai Today at 23:18
@/everyone live now!
twitch.tv/lorelai

LORELAI WAS A FAN OF horror. She liked genuine fear, not cheap frights brought upon by jump scares. Psychological fear, fear that made you question your life, was the type of horror Lorelai was a fan of. So, in her opinion, jump scares were trash. They were created to make people feel afraid when your actual story can't. It was a filler.

But, with that being said, Lorelai was terrified of jump scares. She could get startled in an instant, and was also just generally afraid of the idea of a jump scare. Scary music that began to crescendo filled Lorelai with a type of fear like no other. She hated that pop outs could so easily frighten her, but no matter what she did, she still was afraid of jump scares and the idea of getting jump scared.

Lorelai, Corpse, Sykkuno, and Rae were all gathered in a Phasmophobia lobby. Sykkuno and Rae were messing around with the basketball hoop, soft laughter hitting Lorelai's ears as her headset struggled to pick up the audio from far away. She and Corpse were next to the whiteboard, the latter player going through how to play the game and what it was about. All four young adults had started their streams, and a large mass of viewers were watching them mess around with excitement.

"Lorelai, you said jump scares terrify you, right?" Corpse asked.

Rae and Sykkuno's laughter grew louder as they walked towards the duo.

"Yeah," Lorelai nodded. "I really hate jump scares."

On Rae's stream she looked at her chat with an amused grin. "There's so many jump scares in this game. You're gonna hate it."

Lorelai pouted, pulling the sleeves of her orange and black striped sweater over her hands to make little paws. "Great."

"It'll all be okay," Sykkuno chimed in. "You'll do good!"

Lorelai softly whined and pushed her face into her hands. She remembered Corpse briefly stating Phasmophobia was scary, but she supposed that it had slipped her mind since the night they discussed it. Knowing now what she was getting into, she felt regret seep into her bones and fill her mouth with a sour taste. Couldn't they have made a ghost hunting game without jump scares? There's so many ways they could have created true horror instead of copping out and going for stupid frights.