24. it's actually you

-

◜                                                  ◝24

◜ ◝
24. it's actually you
◟ ◞

˖⁺ 🕷⋆ ୭ ⛓ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

LORELAI TUGS ON the hood covering her hair, nervous fingers fiddling with the fabric habitually. Her plane had landed ten minutes ago, and she was just now getting off of it. In short, she felt terrible. Her travel day was bordering on eighteen hours now, and all she wanted to do was go to sleep. However, sleeping on an airplane, in a mask, didn't exactly come easy to her. She had gotten an hour long nap during her second flight, but that was all.

Her back hurt, her neck was terribly sore, and her eyelids were drooping as she made her way out of the gate. Illuminated signs pointed her towards baggage claim, but with her exhaustion and the fact that English was her second language, she took a good three minutes to understand where she was being directed to.

She was not dressed to impress, and she was pleading Corpse wasn't either. Her fluffy red Christmas socks peeked out of her beaten up Vans, and they did not match the dark blue and black sweatshirt covering most of her body. On the way to baggage claim she had stopped in a bathroom to try and look a little more presentable, but she had deemed herself hopeless at the sight of her jet-lagged body in the mirrors.

Corpse had seen her tired and lazy before, surely this wouldn't be any different.

The signs led her down an escalator to where people were crowding around a few baggage carousels. People were reuniting with those who had flown to San Diego, and signs with names printed on them were being held up everywhere. It was chaos, simply put.

Lorelai carefully pushes her way through the crowd, trying to get at baggage carousel two where 'Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)' was on the screen advertising where the bags were coming from. The carousel wasn't even moving yet, much to Lorelai's dismay.

crops 👨‍🌾💓
let me know when you have ur luggage and ill meet you at the curb outside

Lorelai rubs her temple and rereads the message again, finally understanding what he was saying the second time around. She types out a quick response of agreement before switching to Spotify and changing the song blasting through her AirPods. Everyone around her was talking to friends and family while waiting for the bags to come out, but it was all drowned out by Lorelai's music.

Did she care that Corpse wasn't meeting her inside? Not at all. She would never have asked that of him. Airports were loud and anxiety inducing, no place for a person with agoraphobia. Lorelai would've gotten a cab to his apartment had he not insisted he would pick her up himself.