27. lyra

-

◜                                                  ◝27

27. lyra
◟                                                  ◞

˖⁺ 🕷⋆ ୭ ⛓ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

THEY WERE ON THE COUCH. A bag of chips was shoved in between Corpse and Lorelai; it was long forgotten in exchange for watching the show on the television. Lorelai's head was laying on Corpse's shoulder and every so often her eyelids would droop as exhaustion became more apparent in her. They had spent their day running around an empty field an hour outside of the city, and Lorelai was feeling the exhaustion from it now.

On their television softly played Brooklyn 99 they had been binging through it together and were somewhere in the middle of season four as of the moment.

"What time is it?" Lorelai asks suddenly.

Corpse's eyes dart to his phone beside him. "Nearly midnight."

Lorelai's groan is muffled by the way her face is shoved into Corpse's shoulder. A louder one follows it a few seconds after the first, and she cumbersomely stands up. Corpse watches her move, head tilted sideways in confusion.

A hand is offered from a Lorelai, and Corpse takes it to stand up as well.

"Do you have roof access here?" Lorelai asks.

Corpse nods. "Uh... yeah. Why though?"

"To go to the roof, obviously," Lorelai responds. "Can we go look at the stars?"

Corpse obliges, and after five minutes they're making their way up the stairwell to the roof. A blanket is draped over Lorelai's arms, and Corpse has his hoodie, sunglasses, and mask on. Lorelai's hand holds onto his tightly. She wanted him to leave his sunglasses behind out of fear that he would be totally blind in the dark, but Corpse refused, so she became his guide. Not that she minds much. He has warm hands.

Lorelai spreads the blanket down on a part of the roof with the least trash and bird shit before laying herself down on top of it. Corpse takes his sunglasses off and sets them down on a corner of the blanket before laying next to her. There's a few inches of space in between them, but Lorelai doesn't have the courage to move closer.

"Do you know any constellations?" Lorelai asks.

Corpse purses his lips and says, "no. I wish I did, though."

"They all just look like stars to me," Lorelai shrugs. "I've got no clue how people find constellations."

"Doesn't really make much sense," Corpse answers.