25. 4 dec, 22:20

-

◜                                                  ◝25

◜ ◝
25. 4 dec, 22:20
◟ ◞

˖⁺ 🕷⋆ ୭ ⛓ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

LORELAI DECIDED SHE loves California. It was warm out, like, actually warm in the beginning of December. There was no snow, no rain; there was only a warm breeze and the sounds of the marina. Well, there was also the music Corpse was playing. And his hand. The hand on the center console. The hand holding Lorelai's on the center console.

Yeah, that also exists.

Lorelai was not ready for the flurry of butterflies that arose within her when they interlaced fingers, but it was making her cheeks warm and she was very torn apart over it. Only recently had she internally addressed that she maybe sort of kind of feels something a little less platonic and a little more romantic for Corpse, and to say that she was content with that conclusion would be a pleasant lie. Some days she felt okay with it, other days she felt scared and disappeared into a pit of denial.

When the Jeep rolls to a stop on a steep hill in front of multiple apartment buildings, Corpse finally releases Lorelai's hand. He pulls the keys out of the ignition and checks out his window for traffic before opening his door. Lorelai hops out on her side and walks to the trunk. With a soft beep, the trunk pops open and Lorelai reaches out for her suitcase.

Corpse bats Lorelai's hand out of the way and grabs it himself, instead handing Lorelai her backpack to hold.

"I'll take your suitcase," Corpse explains after Lorelai shoots him a confused look.

"What a gentleman," Lorelai coos.

Corpse closes the trunk. "Thank you, thank you. I strive to be good enough for my wife."

"As you should," Lorelai laughs as she follows Corpse into the apartment building.

The two take the elevator to the sixth floor where Corpse leads Lorelai to apartment 606. He pushes his key into the lock and opens the door, pushing it open enough for him and Lorelai to both slip in before it shut. Corpse lets go of Lorelai's suitcase in the entry hallway and slips off the shoes he was wearing as well.

At first glance, Corpse has a nice apartment. There's not a lot of stuff; the apartment is all open space and minimal decorations. As Lorelai takes off her shoes in the entryway, the cold wood floors feel refreshing on the soles of her feet. It smells like pine. Well, it smells like Corpse's cologne, actually. It's nice, even if all Lorelai is judging it off of is the entryway.