Chapter 1:

Ava stared at the celling with dead eyes, as she lied on her bed that was covered in a pink blanket. Her black hair had grown so it was no longer barley touching her shoulders. Now it almost covered her chest.

She had given up brushing it lately so it was tangled with some pieces covering her face. Her room was a mess and she was no better. She didn't like acting like a burden and making people worry but she couldn't help how she felt.

Ever since the accident with Bella and that vampire she hadn't been able to do anything without thinking about how she almost killed someone. The Cullen family tried to reassure her and tell her that James wasn't considered a "person", but that didn't make her feel better at all.

She was afraid to get that mad especially around her family so she decided to separate herself from everyone. She had gone about her days with her keeping her head down and keeping quiet.

Today was Bella's birthday but Ava didn't care. She stopped caring about what Bella did with her life. Because it seemed that Ava was the only one who ever got hurt. Jacob had been trying to call her and even came to visit the house but he never got into her room since it was always locked now.

She could hear Bella and Charlie talking as they made their way downstairs. Ava reluctantly got up and pulled on some black joggers and a large grey hoodie. She slipped on her black sneakers and grabbed her round glasses before heading downstairs pulling her hood over her head.

Bella and Charlie immediately stopped talking when they saw Ava making her roll her eyes. She walked out the door and got into Bella's truck. She hated how they looked at her, but she knew it was better this way.

She knew she was being a coward but she just didn't have the strength to think of another way to reassure herself that she wouldn't go crazy like last time. She had been taking her medication very carefully and making sure she always had them with her. Bella finally came out of the house and got into the truck before driving off to school.

When they arrived at school Bella gets out of her truck and looks around for Edward. Ava scoffed as she watched her sister, she didn't get her obsession with that man, that vampire.

Mike showed up along with the rest of his crew and Ava took that as her cue to leave. She pulled her backpack on and started to walk to towards the school when Jessica called out to her.

"Ava." She says and Ava reluctantly turns around.

"Come be in the picture with us." She says and Ava just blink a few time then goes to walk away. She didn't get far since Erik and Mike each grabbed on of her arms and carried her over to the rest of the group.

Ava just let's them, she didn't want to risk maybe hurting them even though she knew she wouldn't. She didn't smile for the picture and scowled when she saw Edward walking towards them.

Ava couldn't understand how Bella didn't see how uncomfortable her friends were around her annoying boyfriend. Ava watched as they left and went to follow them when she heard a voice yell out for Bella.

"Bella!" Ava turned and her eyes went wide when she saw Jacob. She had been avoiding him and this was the first time she had seen him since the accident. He had grown quiet a bit since the last time she saw him and that was weird. 

She quickly walked away hoping he didn't see her. But he did, he yelled her name quickly handing Bella her birthday present and going to catch up with Ava.

"Hey wait up." He says grabbing her upper arm and standing in front of her. She avoided his eyes and she looked at the hand holding her arm.

Jacob said nothing for a while before pulling the smaller girl into his arms for a hug. Ava was shocked at first before she could feel herself relax and softly hugged him back. When he pulled away he held her shoulders as he peered down at her face.

"You haven't been sleeping." He states and Ava finally looks into his eyes. He looked at her worried but also a little relived that he could see that she was okay physically, mentally he wasn't so sure.

"Sorry I worried you." She says quietly and Jake smiles.

"What kind of best friend would I be if I didn't worry about you?" He says and Ava scoffs and shoves his arm causing Jake to laugh.

"I'll see you later okay?" He says after hearing the sound of the school bell and Ava nods before walking away from Jake and into school.

Edward smiles slightly as he sees their interaction, he had been keeping a close eye on Ava since it all went down with James and she showed no room for improvement but then Jacob shows up and she stops thinking negatively for a short while. 

School was the same as always and Ava couldn't wait to get home. She sat at the lunch table and Jessica, Angela, Mike, and Erik joined her a short while after.

"How you doing today baby." Says Erik while putting an arm around Ava's shoulders. Ava just gets her lunch and bag and stands up.

"Fine, thanks for asking." She says then leaves to go to the library. She almost made it there but Alice was suddenly standing in front of her.

"Hello Ava." She says smiling and Ava just stares at her.

"How are you feeling today?" She asks and Ava frowns. Why does everyone keep asking her that, did they think she would get better just by them asking her that question over and over again?

"Fine." She says then going to walk around the female vampire, but Alice moves in front of her again.

"I'm throwing a birthday party for Bella." She says.

"Congratulations." She says and tries to walk again but Alice stops her yet again making Ava sigh in annoyance.

"I think Bella would really appreciate you being there." She says and Ava scoffs.

"Bella doesn't care about what I do, and she most certainly doesn't want me anywhere near your family because she's fucking obsessed with your annoying brother, so if you will excuse me I would really like to get to the library without annoying pests around me." She sneers then leaves a frowning Alice behind.

The Cullen family had been trying to get closer to her but since the whole James incident she had completely shut them out and that was not good. According to Alice's visions Ava was going to be very important to them in the future and without her their family could be in danger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

Welcome to the first chapter of book two! I hope you enjoyed it and make sure to tell me what you think of Ava. Have a wonderful day!