Chapter 6:

"I can't believe we scared her like that, Ava is one of my best friends." Says Embry pouting as he, Paul, and Jared walk into Sam and Emily's house. Paul just rolls his eyes not really caring for the sister of that leach lover.

Suddenly Paul bumps into Embry who stops walking upon seeing Ava. He freezes not knowing what to do, what should he say to a friend who he's ignored.

Paul looks up to see what Embry is looking at and his eyes go wide when he meets Ava's green eyes. She was the most beautiful person he had ever seen and all he could do was stare at her even after she pulled her eyes away from his and stared at Embry.

"Ava." Says Embry and Ava just stares at him blankly. She couldn't decide if she was mad or sad that one of her only friends ditched her and here he was laughing with the very same people he claimed to have hated.

"You seem well." She says softly and Paul swears he almost melts at the sound of her voice. It was so intoxicating to him and he would have kept staring if it weren't for Sam who walked in and gave him a sharp look.

"I am." Says Embry and Ava simply nods her head and turns to Sam.

"Can you take me home now?" She asks and Sam immediately nods his head and walks Ava out of the house.

"Ava wait please can you just talk to me?" Says Embry while running out to catch up with the smaller girl.

"What do you want me to say Embry?" Says Ava with a soft but tired voice, turning around to face Embry.

"I don't know something, get mad, yell, do something so I know where you stand right now." He says and Paul walks out to see what was going on.

"Why would I get mad, and when have you ever heard me yell?" She says and Embry stays silent.

"You're happy aren't you, you're okay?" She asks.

"Yes."

"Then that's all that matters, I can't fault you for wanting different people to hangout with. I just wish you or someone had told me. I feel like an idiot because this whole time all Jake kept telling me was that you were sick. I am tired of people lying to me." She says with a slight growl and both Sam and Paul step forward while Embry moves back.

Ava could feel herself getting into that state of mind that she didn't like and quickly pulled her pill bottle out before taking two. She swallowed them and took a deep breath.

"The point is Embry, I was your friend so the least you could have done is told me in person." She says then heads towards Sam's truck.

"Both of you stay here until I get back. I have some things I need to discus with you." Says Sam before going to his truck and drives off.

"Was I the only one who heard her growl?" Says Embry and Paul just shakes his head while staring in the direction in which the two had left.

Damn that Paul, thought Sam as he drove Ava home in silence. He knew what happened back at the house, Paul had imprinted on his baby sister and even though he knew it wasn't Paul's fault he still wasn't happy about it. As they drove Sam remembered her growl and the pill bottle.

"Those pills you took earlier, what were they for?" He asked but immediately regretting it. It was so insensitive for him to ask such a personal question.

"I have issues." She says before Sam can apologize.

"Did Embry tell you why he stopped talking to Jake, Quil, and I?" Asks Ava and Sam is stuck on how to reply.