Chapter 10:

Suddenly they hear someone clearing their throat. Ava looks over and sees Sam making her quickly move away from Paul. Paul just sighs not happy about being interrupted.

"Sam, we were just um." She says not used to being flustered like this.

"Emily made food." He says and Ava nods before leaving for the living room.

"You really know how to kill the mood Sam." Says Paul and Sam glares at me.

"Until you guys are dating I don't want you that close to her again." He says and Paul scoffs.

"Fine, whatever you say." He says making his way to the kitchen as well.

Ava sat next to Embry as he talked about how different she looked with out her glasses. 

It wasn't a bad different since she always looked good no matter what she did, but he just couldn't stop talking about it. 

After a while Jacob came back in without Bella and he made eye contact with Ava. She looked at him but then looked away and continued her meal.

"Ava, Bella said she's waiting for you." He says.

"Tell her to leave then." She says and Jacob frowns.

"Ava, Charlie will be worried, don't make Bella wait." He says and Ava finally looks up at him.

"What did you say?" She says and Paul quickly speaks up. Ava has just shifter so making her angry now was not a good idea.

"I'll walk her out in a minute Jacob, she's still eating." He says sternly and Jacob just leaves as if annoyed.

"Thank you for the food Emily, I appreciate it." Says Ava getting up and walking out with Paul trailing after her.

"Hey wait." He says grabbing her arm softly.

"Just ignore him okay." He says and Ava nods before looking down at her feet. Paul lifts her face with his finger and then smiles before placing a long kiss on her head. Ava smiled slightly before hearing Bella honk her horn.

"I swear I'm going to." Ava starts but Paul interrupts her.

"Just ignore her okay?"

"I'll try, I'll see you soon Paul." She says and goes to leave but Paul holds onto her arm not letting her leave.

"Don't ignore me anymore okay?" He says not forgetting how stressed he was that she wasn't answering him.

"I promise." She says before leaving and getting into Bella's truck.

Bella watches the whole scene with jealously, she wanted that again and that made her envy her sister more.

Paul walked back into the house and sat next to Sam on the couch.

"You really think it's a good idea to let her go home after she just shifted?" He asks and Sam looks at him.

"There isn't much we can do about that, but I think she will be okay she's different from the rest of us." He says and Paul nods his head in understanding.

-----------------------

Ava was leaning against Paul's shoulder as they sat at the picnic table, her newly cut hair now reaching just below her ears. She also now had a tattoo just like everyone else which she made sure to hide from her dad.

Sam had sat her down and talked to her about the legend of their tribe and explained to her just how important they were to keep people safe.