Chapter 3:

Ava sits at the lunch table with Jessica and everyone else as they look at Bella.

"You think she'll be okay?" Asks Angela.

"Yeah, what happened Ava?" Asks Jessica and Ava shrugs her shoulders and continues to eat her lunch. 

Ava had to get over her fear of losing control in order to make her father feel like at least one of his daughters was okay. 

So she spent more time with her friends and Jake on the rez. She also would hang out with Jake's friends from the rez, they were all very nice to her and treated her like their sister.

They mostly complained about Sam and his "cult" which Ava found amusing, she had spoken to Sam twice and that was enough for her to determine that he was nothing like Jake and his friends made him out to be. 

She couldn't say the same for his cult since she has never met them, she doesn't even know what they look like.

Today she was at Jake's house in his room with her head on his stomach as he was talking about his problems. She just listened as she played with the ring on her finger.

"So I told Embry it was a bad idea but then Quil agreed with him and." Jake was cut off by a voice.

"Ava." Says Billy as he knocks then comes into the room making her sit up along with Jake.

"Yes?" She says and Billy smiles.

"Your father called, he says if you can head home before it gets too dark out." He says and Ava nods her head even though she really wants to say no and stay at their house forever. 

The Swan residence was suffocating ever since Bella got dumped and she couldn't sleep with Bella's constant nightmares. 

Well she couldn't sleep before that but now that Bella's nightmares were added to the mix it made resting almost impossible for everyone.

"Come on I'll drive you home." Says Jake snapping her out of her daze. Ava just nods and says bye to Billy before walking out behind Jacob. 

Billy watches them leave his eyes watering as he remembered what Allison had told him.

"She can't know Billy." Says Allison, her voice breaking.

"Allison this is her chance at a family, a family that is hers." Says Billy but Allison doesn't budge.

"She loved her father, I can't tell her about all the bad things he did. It would break her."

"She's stronger than you think."

"No Billy I won't do that to her."

"What about Sam, what does he have to say about all of this?" He asks but Allison stays quiet.

"You haven't told him." Says Billy after a while of silence and Allison breaks down in tears once again.

"He has a right to know, you know better than anyone just how heart broken he was when they disappeared."

"My answer is final Billy." Says Allison not wanting to hear his reasoning any longer and hangs up the phone.

He was going to give Allison one month to think it over, and then he was going to tell Sam. He remembered the broken boy when she went missing, how he cried every night for his sister to come back. It broke his heart to see her so close to him without him even noticing it.

------------------------

It had been months and Bella still showed no sign of improvement which only caused Charlie to be more concerned. 

Ava understood what it was like to lose someone so she did feel some compassion for her sisters' heartbreak. But she never tired to talk to her, she remembered when she was in that state she didn't want anyone talking to her so she tried to do the same for Bella.

-------------------------

Ava was outside with Charlie as he talked to the neighbor, Bob, who was throwing out some old bikes. Ava just sat on the pavement as she drew random doodles in her sketchbook that was almost full. 

Bella walks out and heads for her truck with her head down as she ignores Bob's greeting and Ava sighs at her sister's actions.

Bella goes to open the door of her truck but Charlie suddenly slams it shut again. Ava stopped drawing for a minute wanting to see what Charlie was going to say.

"That's it." Says Charlie and Ava frowns in confusion.

"That's what?" Says Bella just as confused as Ava is.

"You're going to Jacksonville to live with your mother, Ava's going too." Says Charlie and Ava rolls her eyes.

"No thanks." Says Ava and then goes back to drawing.

"What? Why?" Says Bella both of them ignoring Ava's comment.

"I just, don't know what to do any more. You don't act like someone left you; more like someone died." Says Charlie and Ava nods her head to herself saying she agrees.

"I'm not leaving Forks." Says Bella and Charlie sighs.

"Bella, the bastard's not coming back. It's not normal, this behavior. And frankly, it's scaring the hell outta me, and your mother. Go to Jacksonville baby, make some new friends." Says Charlie gently to Bella.

"I like my old friends." Says Bella and Ava scoffs, what friends?

"You never see them anymore."

"I do too, in fact I'm, um." Says Bella looking around and then looking at Ava.

"Ava invited Jessica and I to Port Angeles tomorrow. Shopping." Says Bella and Ava shoots her head up to look at her sister.

"You hate shopping and Ava doesn't like crowded areas." Says Charlie and Bella looks at her sister for support.

"Well that's how good of a friend and sister I am. Right Ava, tell him." She says and Ava stands up.

"I don't remember having those plans." She says and Bella walks up to her before throwing her arm over her shoulder.

"You know how Ava is, such a jokester." Says Bella nervously.

"When have I ever been a jokester?" Says Ava, more to herself than anything.

"Ava, you're going shopping?" Asks Charlie and Ava looks at him. She could lie and make him feel better while she was miserable shopping or she could tell him the truth and cause him pain.

"Sure." She ends up saying and Charlie smiles.

"Alright. Shopping." He says happy and Bella leads Ava into her truck before driving off.

Great now she was stuck shopping with her depressed sister and a broken hearted Jessica. 

All Ava was allowed to hear about was that Mike decided that he wanted to be "just friends" and Jessica was not having it. That mixed with Bella's heartbreak with Edward and she felt like she was their therapist.

----------------------------

Authors Note:

Thank you so much for reading! I hope today has treated you well. See you next week beautiful!