Chapter 7:

It was late when Ava finally woke up, Paul was on his phone and Ava jumped out of his arms and moved to the opposite side of the couch.

"Hey it's okay." Says Paul putting his hands up slightly to show her he meant no harm.

"What happened?" She asks running her hands threw her hair and Paul notices her relax a little.

"You passed out." He says and Ava nods remembering. 

She was ranting and then she felt something warm surround her making her feel the safest she had felt in a long time.

She pulls out her phone and checks the time but then sees she has ten missed calls from Charlie.

"Shit." She says before calling him back.

"Ava thank god, do you know how worried I was?" He asks and Ava winces at his harsh tone.

"Sorry, I was hanging out with Embry and fell asleep." She says not wanting to tell her father that she passed out and was sleeping in the arms of a boy he probably didn't know.

"Just get home young lady." He says and hangs up.

"Do you need a ride?" Asks Paul and Ava looks up at him.

Ava wasn't one to think anyone was attractive, heck she had never had a crush before but this man in front of her was very handsome. For some reason she was feeling heat on her cheeks and a strange feeling in her chest.

"Ava?" He calls out and she feels herself melt at the sound of him saying her name.

"Yes?" She asks before shaking her head and trying to go back to her normal self. She was freaking herself out. 

When did she ever melt at the sound of someone's voice, she didn't even know she could feel that way and it was freaking the fuck out of her.

"Do you want me to give you a ride home?" He asks again.

"Yes, thank you." She says before getting up. Paul stands up too and Ava follows Paul out of the house and to his truck.

The ride to her house was quiet but not awkward. She was oddly comfortable around this stranger and she didn't know what to do. 

When they arrived at their destination Ava waited for a while before turning to face Paul.

"Thank you, um." She stops remembering that she doesn't know his name.

"Paul." He says turning to look at her better.

"Right, thank you Paul." She says and he smiles at the sound of her voice saying his name.

"You're welcome, Ava." He says and Ava smiles slightly before remembering the request she had for him.

"About today, I would appreciate it if you or the others didn't tell my dad that I passed out. He has enough to worry about." She says and Paul frowns.

He remembers how she said Bella needed more attention than her so she pretends she's fine to make her fathers life easier.

"Hand me your phone." He says suddenly and Ava frowns in confusion.

"Why?" She asks.

"I won't do anything bad, I promise." He says before holding out his hand, after a while Ava slowly gives it to him. He starts typing and then gives it back to her.

"You can text me or call me anytime you feel like you'll be a burden on your dad okay? Anytime you fell overwhelmed or just want to talk about your day I'll be there?" He says and Ava takes her phone back looking at her contacts. She looks down and sees his number in her phone.