Chapter 5:

Ava spent her time with Embry and Quil since Jake was always with Bella. They were currently at the store picking out snacks for a movie night when she was separated from them. 

She didn't mind and continued to browse the aisles of the store, meanwhile Embry and Quil were freaking out since they thought they had lost her. 

Because Ava was smaller they felt the need to be over protective over her at all times.

"You were supposed to watch her." Says Quil pointing a finger at Embry.

"Me? She was with you, this is your fault." Says Embry.

"My fault? How dare you say that to me." Says Quil and they begin to wrestle.

Ava was looking around for a certain bag of chip that she liked when her cart hit someone. She quickly stopped and began to apologize.

"I'm sorry." She says and begins to go around the person now looking at them.

"Ava?" Says the voice and Ava looks up only to see Sam.

"Yes." She says and Sam smiles slightly.

"Hi, how are you?" He says with a small smile on his lips.

"Good." She says thinking it was odd that he was being so friendly towards her.

"That's good." He says and Ava nods and goes to leave again but Sam stops her again.

"Are you here by yourself?" He asks and Ava was about to answer when she felt arms around her shoulder. 

Embry was on one side of her and Quil on the other side as they glared at Sam.

"We were looking for you." Says Embry not taking his eyes off of Sam, Sam in return glares back.

"Let's go Ava." Says Quil and they lead her to the check out line before leaving the store.

--------------------------------

When they got to Jakes house Embry and Quil started to scold Ava for speaking to Sam.

"You know Sam is bad news, so don't give him the time of day." He says and Ava rolls her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at us young lady." Says Quil and Ava smiles since the called her young lady even when she is older than them.

"Well when you smile like that how are we supposed to stay mad at you?" Whines Embry.

They decide to drop the conversation since a smiling Ava was a rare sight to see.

-------------------------------

Ava frowned as she sat in the back seat of Bella's truck. She would rather be anywhere else but here. Unfortunately for her, her father didn't like that she was in her room by herself. 

He was afraid that she would go back to shutting people out so he made Bella take her sister everywhere she went. 

It didn't take a genius to see that Bella hated the idea but didn't argue with her father about it.

So here she was listening to Jake talk about some motorcycle part while Bella made him fall further in love with her. 

It was cruel and Ava didn't understand how Jake couldn't see it. Then again Ava had never felt romantic love for anyone so she didn't know what being love blind meant. 

To her love was stupid and she didn't care for it.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when Bella put the breaks on suddenly causing Ava to fly forward and hit her face against the back of Jake's seat.