2. "You're Not The Only Monster Here."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Christ, Y/N would it kill you to let me win for once?" Clint laughed as I offered him my hand, helping him up off of the training mat.
Although I hated being touched, training was different. I was suited up and protected so I didn't hurt anyone.

"Probably not, but I'm not going to risk it." I shrugged, fixing my glove. The door opened, revealing the two Asgardians.

"And this is the training room." Thor spoke to his brother, who seemed mostly uninterested.
"Would the two of you mind if we watch?"

"Go ahead." Clint shrugged.

"Lady Y/N, aren't you warm in all those layers?" Thor asked suddenly and I looked at the long sleeve top I was wearing, along with the leggings and gloves.

"She's probably way too warm, but it's for my protection. Last time we sparred without Y/N wearing long sleeves, her skin burned mine." Clint laughed.
"It was an accident, but it hurt like Hell."

"You got ice burn. I warned you against skin contact." I muttered.

"That's why you don't like being touched." Thor spoke, putting the dots together and I nodded.
"Very well, proceed." Clint nodded at me, before stepping forward and beginning his attack. I blocked all of his punches and within seconds I had him pinned to the floor.
"Very good." Thor cheered, clapping his hands.

"Everyone report to meeting room 3." JARVIS announced suddenly and I sighed, helping Clint up. The four of us made our way up to the meeting room, where we could see everyone else waiting. I had taken off my gloves in the elevator and I could already feel myself cooling down. Thor and Clint went in first, then Loki and I, but as soon as I stepped through the door, ice cold water tipped over me and I squeezed my eyes shut, gasping slightly. Honestly, the icy water was refreshing, but as soon as I opened my eyes to glare at the room full of laughing Avengers, I realised that no one was laughing, except Tony. But then Tony opened his eyes and looked at me, before the same look that was on everyone else's faces appeared on his.

"No." I muttered, looking at my hand, seeing my naturally blue skin.

"Y/N..." Wanda whispered as I took a hesitant step back. I turned and sprinted for the elevator, going straight to my room and locking the door. I could feel tears pooling in my eyes as my hands trembled.
I had fought so hard to hide that side of myself from everyone. The monster that I really was.
I tried to warm myself up so the blue would fade, but nothing happened. Even after I used magic to dry myself off and change my clothes, there was no change. I caught sight of myself in the mirror and in a fit of frustration, I threw a blast of ice at it, shattering it.
There was a knock from outside the door and I froze, looking at it.

"Lady Y/N?" Thor asked and I wrapped my arms around myself.
"My lady, your heritage is nothing to be ashamed of."

"We both know that's not true." I replied, loud enough for him to hear as I crawled onto my bed, pulling my legs to my chest.
"Just leave me alone."

"Allow us to come in and talk to you, if you don't like what we have to say, then we'll leave." Thor responded and I noticed my skin chancing back to S/T.
I hesitated, before lifting my hand and using my magic to unlock the door. A moment later, the door opened, revealing Thor and Loki. They both stood at the foot of my bed and I looked up at them shyly.
"Do you know what you are?"

"A monster?" I asked and Loki gave me a sad look.
"A freak?"

"No. You are a Jotun from-"

"She knows that, you great big oaf." Loki rolled his eyes.
"Get out. You clearly don't know what you're doing."

"And you do?" Loki glared at Thor, who held up his hands.
"Fine. But brother if you-"

"Out." Loki ordered and the blond Asgardian reluctantly left the room.
"Give me your hand." Loki instructed, holding out his hand.

"I can't." I muttered.

"You're not going to hurt me. Just do it." He sighed and after some consideration, I put my hand in his, my fingers turning blue. I tried to pull my hand away, but he didn't let me and I quickly realised it wasn't just me turning blue.
"You're not the only monster here." Loki muttered, looking down at me with red eyes.

"You... how? You're the prince of Asgard." I spoke in a whisper and he sat on the end of my bed, waving his free hand over our connected ones, before we both began to change into our Asgardian forms once again, the blue fading quickly.

"I'm adopted." He muttered.
"Odin told me that after the battle between Jotunheim and Asgard, two children were found, abandoned. One was the son of Laufey, the other was the daughter of one of his generals. The girl was a couple of years older than the boy, so Odin raised the boy as his own son, the girl went to one of the noble families. But she went missing and was presumed dead."

"She didn't go missing, she ran away." I whispered as he let go of my hand and I pulled it to my chest.
"It was bad enough that I was adopted, I was clearly the least favourite child, but then one night after a prank gone wrong, they realised what a monster I was. I grew up with 3 siblings and after that night, they all despised me. They tortured me, but it wasn't just the children, the adults too. Even the maids would make snide comments." I looked down at my hands with a sigh.
"One night I decided to run away. Heimdall found me and I thought I was in so much trouble. Instead of taking me home, he took me to the Bifrost and sent me here, to Midgard, where I've been for a little over 750 years. And now everyone here knows I'm a monster, too."

"This place isn't like Asgard." Loki shook his head.
"Mortals are a lot more accepting about things."

"I turned blue. I lied to them about the source of my power, about my age, about everything." I shook my head.

"You did what you had to do to protect yourself." Loki replied.
"They will understand that."