14. "Go And Save Her."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Hey, Blue." Tony's muffled voice came from outside my bedroom door.
"I know you don't want to see anyone right now, but it's been 2 weeks. JARVIS says you're still in there- thanks for fixing him by the way."
I picked up the piece of shattered mirror, looking at my red eyes and the blue that surrounded them.
"Why don't you come out and talk to us? The team misses you, Icicle. Even I miss you trying to stab me, weirdly enough." He chuckled.
"Whatever happened between you and Reindeer Games doesn't matter, we just want to see you." I dropped the mirror shard and Tony sighed.
"Alright, I tried. Just come out when you're ready, yeah? We can get shawarma and I'm sure you'll feel better."

~

"Y/N, we really could have used your help on that mission." Bucky sighed.
"I don't even know if you're awake or listening to me, but Steve got pretty badly hurt. That's not your fault, obviously, but he's in critical condition. Tony's not sure if he's..." Bucky didn't finish and I felt tears forming in my eyes.
"I need you, Y/N. The team needs you. I'm going to bed, everyone is already asleep. Sam is staying in the Medbay with Steve, but maybe you should go and see him. You need to go and see him." Bucky sighed heavily. I looked at the necklace in my hand, the emerald just as beautiful as the day I received it. I didn't care how mad I was at Loki for leaving me, I kept the necklace with me at all times. It was a reminder.
"Goodnight, Y/N." I heard him walk away and I made an illusion of myself, tricking JARVIS into thinking I was still in my room, before turning invisible and silently leaving my room. I took the stairs instead of the elevator, not wanting to risk running into anyone or alerting JARVIS of my presence, making my way down to the Medbay.

"No." I mumbled, realising Bucky was right. Sam was sleeping next to a weak looking Steve, who probably wasn't going to make it through the night, not without help. I moved over to him, before taking a shaky breath. I knew a spell that could save his life, but there were a lot of risks. I knew Steve was strong enough to endure it, the super soldier serum ensured that, but if I did it wrong, it would kill him instantly. If it worked he would live and he'd wake up feeling a little sore, at most.
I hesitantly pressed my hand to his bare chest, wincing when his skin burned under my touch, but if the spell worked then it would heal. I closed my eyes, concentrating on the spell and falling back when the spell finished. His heart rate quickened to a steady pace and pain shot through my torso as the burn on his chest faded.

"Y/N, whatever you just did..." Sam smiled, now awake, looking next to me, unable to see through my invisibility illusion.
What I just did was probably the most idiotic thing I could have done. I healed Steve by transferring his injuries to me. It was forbidden magic, even in Asgard, but I didn't care.
"I know you're hiding from us right now, but it's gonna get better, kiddo. I know you don't want to talk, but if you want a drink, you know where to find me."

"Thanks, Sam." I muttered, my voice croaky from not speaking in weeks.

"Anytime, kiddo."

Loki's P.O.V.

"Brother!" Thor burst into my room and I glared at him, snapping my book shut.

"What do you want, you idiotic oaf? Haven't you heard of knocking?" I spat at him. I had barely left my room in weeks. I was angry and hurt, mostly at myself. I pushed Y/N away.
She did nothing and I pushed her away. My mother confirmed there was no magic controlling me the day we returned back to Asgard, but I was still angry at Y/N, simply because her sister was right. I never showed any interest in anyone, people were so boring, but Y/N wasn't. I was mad at myself and Y/N because I was falling for her. I was falling in love with her and it made me stupidly angry, frustrated and embarrassed.
So I refused to go back to Earth. I ignored my feelings and refused to listen to anything Thor told me about her. I snapped at her, she wouldn't want me near her anyway. It was best that I stayed away.

"Brother, you're not going to like this." Thor whispered, a sad look in his eyes.
"It's Y/N-"

"I don't want to know." I muttered, but the frantic look in his eyes worried me.

"She used forbidden magic." Thor looked at me and my eyes widened.
"Heimdall saw it. She's dying, brother."

"No." I shook my head, standing up.
"Why would she do that? She's not that stupid!"

"I know you're upset with her-"

"We have to go." I said, moving past him.

"You're just going to go back to Earth and save her?" Thor asked, looking at me.
"I thought you wanted nothing to do with her?"

"That doesn't mean I want her dead." I glared at him. Once again, I took both myself and Thor to the Bifrost, using my magic, where Heimdall was waiting.
"Heimdall-"

"Go and save her." The gatekeeper nodded at us as he opened the Bifrost and I didn't hesitate.

"Where is she?" I demanded to know as soon as I stepped into the tower.
"Where's Y/N?"

"Woah, no." Natasha said as she and Clint stood in front of me.
"You're not going anywhere near her."

"You broke Y/N's heart. She has barely left her room." Wanda spoke up.

"Let us pass, she's dying." Thor spoke clearly and they all looked at us.

"What do you mean dying? She hasn't left her room in days. JARVIS would have told me." Stark spoke, stepping forward.

"No. She healed Steve last night. He nearly died and then she just came in and used her magic, before leaving again." Sam spoke and I looked at Thor.

"How bad were his injuries?" Thor asked.

"Multiple bullet wounds, he got stabbed a couple of times, broken ribs, head trauma, why?" Bruce asked and I sighed in frustration.

"She used a spell, magic that is so powerful that it's banned across all the nine realms. Heimdall felt it's power from Asgard." Thor explained.
"Brother, do you know what-" I teleported to her room, seeing a figure under the sheets and I hesitantly stepped forward, but something cracked under my foot. I looked and there was nothing there.
It was an illusion.
I waved my hand, destroying the illusion and my heart broke at the sight. The room was a mess, shattered mirrors and ice shards everywhere and a thick blood trail leading to the bathroom. I followed the trail, finding Y/N in a pool of her own blood, collapsed against the floor.

"No, no, no." I dropped down next to her carefully lifting her head.
"Y/N, please." My voice was barely a whimper and there was a loud crash as Thor and the rest of the Avengers came in.