10. "A Family Reunited At Last."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"My father is throwing a feast to celebrate our return home." Loki sighed dramatically, dropping down onto his bed.
"I'd much rather just sit and read all evening with you."

"Trust me, I'm not happy about it either." I mumbled.
"Your mother has invited my family. They're all going to be there."

"That's good. At least then when we confront them, it will be in public and they can't do anything." I moved over to his side, thinking about how much I didn't want to go to the feast.
"Right?"

"You underestimate them." I sighed, laying down next to him.
"I should have stayed on Earth."

"Y/N, can I..." Loki sat up slightly, looking at me.
"Can I see what they did to you?" He was clearly hesitant to ask. I knew about his ability to see people's memories, so it wasn't too much of a confusing question.
"I just want to know why you're so scared of them."

"Okay." I nodded and Loki moved his hand towards me, slowly placing the palm of his hand against my forehead. I let out a shaky breath, before opening my mind to the memories I had pushed away for so long.
I had to relive the memories for Loki to see them and by the time he removed his hand, I could feel tears on my cheeks. I sat up quickly, turning my back to him as I tried to calm myself down. My hands were trembling and my breathing was erratic and I tried to stop the tears, but it was useless. Loki got up from the bed and I sucked in a breath.

"Darling, drink this." Loki whispered and I looked at him as he sat on the edge of the bed next to me. I took the cup from him, drinking the water slowly.
"They're not going to touch you." He spoke softly.
"I swear it. I won't let them."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and put the cup down.

"No. Don't apologise. You did nothing wrong." Loki wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. I immediately hugged him back, squeezing my eyes shut.
"They're going to pay for what they did to you. All of them." He whispered, stroking my hair lightly.

~

"Are you ready?" Loki asked sweetly and I nodded my head.
"I'm going to be right by your side the whole time."

"Thank you." I mumbled as we walked towards the hall, adjusting my hold on his arm. The guards opened the doors, revealing a lot less people than I was expecting. I thought it was supposed to be a feast, not two families eating together. A feast was for everyone to enjoy and seeing both Loki's parents, my own and our siblings watching us walk in was my personal Hell.
Judging by the look Loki gave me, he didn't know about this either.

"Y/N?" My mother asked in a whisper, her hand covering her mouth in shock. I saw right through the act and thankfully, so did Loki. My mother stood up and rushed over to us, but Loki moved me behind him instantly.

"Loki?" Queen Frigga asked, looking at us carefully.
"What is it?" My mother glared at the two of us momentarily, before turning back to the others.

"That was probably my fault, your highness. I startled them. I do apologise, I imagine my daughter has been through a lot." My mother returned to her seat and Loki lead me over to the table. We both sat down and I kept my eyes glued to the empty plate in front of me.

"A family reunited at last." The Allfather spoke, raising his cup.
"Tonight, we celebrate." My fathers and two brother cheered, along with Thor and I looked up, just in time to see my mother and sister glaring at me.
Everyone began to eat and I put some food on my plate as my father and Odin spoke. Once the meal was over, Odin dismissed himself, whilst my mother and Figga spoke.

"Y/N, come over here, I'd like to speak with you." My father spoke and Loki looked at me.
"You don't need the prince's permission. Come." I gave Loki's hand a small squeeze under the table, before standing up and walking over to my father. He was a large man, larger than most, but that wasn't the most intimidating thing about him. No, that was probably his glare.

"Hey, sis. How've you been?" My oldest brother, Guili, asked with a dangerous smirk.

"I've been well." I spoke quietly.

"Actually, why don't we take this little chat somewhere more private?" My father suggested and Loki looked at me cautiously. I shook my head at him slightly, before looking back to my father and nodding.
"We'll be right back." I followed him out of the room silently, remembering his 'do not speak unless spoken to' rule.
"Is it true on Midgard you're some kind of hero?"

"Yes, sir." I replied, feeling my heart racing.

"The mortals must be more pathetic than I realised if they need monsters like you to protect them." He spat.
"Of course you had to come back here. We were so relieved when you were gone. We didn't have to hide the family disgrace and now you're back? Clinging onto the prince like a leech?" I looked brown at the ground.
"Well?"

"I apologise, sir." I spoke quietly and he growled, pushing me up against the wall suddenly.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you now?" He glared at me and I tried to speak, but my words got caught in my throat.
"You have been a permanent pain for this family ever since you stepped foot into our lives. You should have been left on Jotunheim to die. Your real parents had the right idea."

"Torin!" A sharp voice yelled and we both turned to face Loki and Frigga, stood with multiple guards around them.
"Put her down."

"My Queen-"

"Arrest him." Frigga ordered.
"And the rest of his family. Have them all thrown into the dungeons."

"Look what you've done." My father glared at me as guards pulled him away.

"I'm sorry I took so long, darling. Did he hurt you?" Loki asked softly, pulling me into a hug.

"No, I'm okay." I muttered, hugging him back.