6. "You Know Who I Am, Don't You, Darling?"

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Hey, look who's back in the land of the living." Someone said as my eyes opened and I found myself in my room at the Avengers tower.

"How're you feeling, kiddo?" Sam asked and I looked at the people in my room. Bucky and Sam were sat either side of me, Nat and Steve next to Bucky and Clint next to Sam.

"Like I got stabbed." I mumbled.
"But something more."

"The knife had been dipped in poison of some kind. It was designed to kill you." Nat spoke softly and I winced as I sat myself up properly.
"It almost did kill you."

"What happened?" I asked, looking at the bandaging on Sam's exposed wrist.

"I accidentally touched you when I was carrying your dumbass back to the ship." He smiled.
"And damn, girl. You're deadly. That shit hurt."

"Sorry." I muttered, looking down at my hands.

"Ignore him." Bucky muttered, glaring at his friend.

"You're on bed rest for a few days, until we know you're good to go." Clint smiled at me and I rolled my eyes.
"I know you don't like it, but it's the only way you're going to get better."

"Good luck keeping me here." I muttered and Nat laughed a little.

"Y/N." Steve spoke sternly.

"Fine. Whatever, I'll stay." I mumbled.

"Good. We'll let you get some rest. Someone will come in and check on you in a bit." They all left the room, giving me small smiles and as soon as they were gone, I pulled myself out of bed, lifting up my tee and seeing the bandages. With a sigh, I made an illusion of myself sleeping and quickly changed out of my pyjamas, before leaving my room. As a precaution, I used my magic to keep myself invisible as I walked through the hall towards the elevator. As soon as I was in, I headed up to the library and dropped my invisibility.

"You're supposed to be resting." Loki smirked as I walked into the library, not even looking up from his book.

"Nah, sounds boring." I moved over to one of the shelves, looking over all of the books, trying to decide what to read.

"May I recommend something?" Loki spoke from behind me, making me jump a little.

"Yeah, go ahead." He reached up to one of the higher shelves, carefully selecting a book, before handing it to me with a smirk.

"I particularly enjoyed this book." I looked at the cover with a small smile. It was Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë, a very good book that I hadn't read in years.

"Good choice." I nodded, lightly wiping some dust that had gathered.

"You've read it?" Loki asked, following me back to the couches.

"A couple of times, yeah. It's a very good book." We both sat down and I let out a breath, more tired than I realised. Loki sat down next to me, but I could tell he wanted to talk more than he wanted to read.
"Go on, ask your questions."

"When you came back from your mission injured, they wouldn't let me see you. No one would tell me anything, it was infuriating. How bad is it?" He asked and I smiled a little.

"I'll be fine in a couple of days." I replied honestly.
"The poison was the worst part and that's out of my system now, so I'll live."

"Will you be attending Stark's gala tonight?" Loki asked and I pulled a face.

"He's still doing that?" I asked and he nodded.
"Well I can't leave you to suffer alone can I? I'd be a pretty bad friend if I did that." A small smile appeared on his face and he looked down.
"What?"

"Nothing..." He shook his head.
"It's just, no one has ever considered me their friend before."

"Really?" I asked and he looked a little embarrassed.
"Okay, well, I'm your friend and I need a favour."

"What is it?" Loki asked and I grinned at him.

"Are you sure you want to know? Agreeing to help me with this could get you into trouble with the others." A wide smirk appeared on his lips.

"You know who I am, don't you, darling?" He asked.
"I'm sure whatever you're planning won't be any fun unless we get into some kind of trouble."