5. "I Come From A Realm Of Ice And Snow."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N, come on. We've got a mission." Steve spoke as he walked past me.

"We do?" I jumped up off of the couch, dropping my book next to Loki.
"What is it?"

"Hostage situation on a SHIELD base." I nodded my head as we stepped into the elevator.
"It's me, you, Bucky and Sam."

"No Tony?" I asked, keeping my tone neutral.

"No Tony." Cap sighed.
"I've been advised to keep the two of you away from each other. Sam told me what happened."

"Of course he did." I rolled my eyes.

"So..." Steve began.
"It's been a week since Loki joined. How has he been?"

"Why are you asking me? Why not Thor?" I pulled a face and Steve chuckled.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but Loki has taken a liking to you." I scoffed in response.
"I'm serious. You're the only person he really talks to and if he's not with you, he's in his room or the library."

"You're exaggerating." I rolled my eyes as we stepped out of the elevator, finding Bucky and Sam stood by the quinjet on the roof, just a few meters away from us.
"Loki speaks to Thor and I've seen him talking to Vision and Wanda."

"What I mean is, Loki seems to see you as a friend."

"That's because we are friends." Bucky and Sam stopped their conversation as we came over.
"We have a lot in common that makes us friends. We have similar interests, we were both adopted, we both turn into blue monsters if you piss us off."

"Wait, that scrawny God turns blue too?" Sam asked.

"Yes, we were both found on Jotunheim as children." Sam's eyes widened slightly.
"And that scrawny God is heir to the Asgardian throne and the rightful ruler of Jotunheim."

"Well shit." Bucky muttered.
"What kind of royalty are you?"

"I'm not. In Jotunheim, I'm just the general's daughter and in Asgard, I am the adoptive daughter of a noble family, who locked me up and tortured me for like 50 years, so..." I shrugged and walked into the jet.

"They tortured you?" Steve asked in horror as they came over.

"Yeah, they found out I wasn't an Asgardian like they believed. In Asgard, I am the monster parents warn their children about before they go to bed. I come from a race that's like the bogeyman." I looked down at my hands.
"I ran away, the Asgardian gatekeeper found me and sent me here for my own protection. 750 years pass and I've been burned at the stake, hung, drowned, worshiped as a deity, shot at, stabbed, then I met you guys." They all looked at me with wide eyes.
"What?"

"How are you even alive?" Sam asked.

"Most of those things don't kill me. If I get stabbed enough, yeah, I guess, and I guess shot applies too, but other than that, the only thing that only really came close was the burning at the stake. That sucked." I rolled up my sleeve, revealing the faint burn scar on my arm.
"I come from a realm of ice and snow, fire is not my best friend."

~

"Cap, I thought you said there were 20 hostiles, at most?" I asked, irritated as I knocked the gun out of another soldier's hands.

"Clearly, I was wrong." Steve replied. The soldier knocked me down, but was dragged back suddenly by Bucky, who used the strength of his metal arm to throw him.

"Y/N?" He asked, helping me up.

"I'm good." I nodded, ignoring the pain in my torso.
So, technically, I had been stabbed, but it wasn't a major cause for concern. It just hurt a little, but I could ignore it.

"Good, 'cause I could use some help here." Sam spoke over comms, just as he flew past, a small gunship following him. I raised my hand, freezing the mechanisms.

"Sam, dive towards the ground. They'll follow and won't be able to pull up." I replied as Steve, Bucky and I continued to fight the soldiers on the ground.

"Y/N is right, this is a few more than 20." Bucky said to Steve and I stopped relying on my power so much, using my magic instead. My illusions were strong enough to be interactive, meaning they could fight for me and it wouldn't take nearly as much energy. However, it seemed I underestimated how badly I was hurt, because a wave of dizziness washed over me and my illusions flickered.
"Y/N?" Bucky put his hand on my shoulder and I stepped back.
"You're covered in blood... Steve, she needs evac now!"

"I'm fine." I shook my head.
"I've had worse."

"Sam, get Y/N out of here. I'll finish these guys off and Bucky will get the hostages." Steve ordered and a few moments later, Sam landed next to me.

"Come on, kiddo." I wanted to protest as he picked me up, but it was a little difficult when another wave of dizziness washed over me.