9. "He's... He Likes To Talk A Lot."

Y/N's P.O.V.

Weeks passed like days and everything seemed to be getting better. Tony and I were being civil with each other at most, considering he couldn't help but make snide comments every few days and I had to resist stabbing him every damn time. Loki helped with that. He'd drag me to the library or to one of our rooms and we'd make out until I calmed down. We kept our 'relationship' a secret, but I had a feeling one or two people knew.
Thor, however, Thor might have been the most oblivious person I'd ever met. He literally walked in on Loki and I approximately 3 seconds after we had stopped kissing and he had no idea.

"Brother, I am returning home for a few weeks." Thor announced and I ran my hand through my hair, trying to ignore the stupid grin on Loki's face. He always looked like that after we had almost got caught, which had happened a few more times than I was proud of. Loki was a very needy person and there were a lot of people in the tower that didn't know how to knock.

"You are?" Loki asked, clearing his throat.

"Yes. The crime rate is growing and the peace needs restoring in Asgard. I'd like to request that you join me. I'm sure mother would be happy to see you." Loki was clearly caught off guard by his brother's request and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"I... would Lady Y/N be able to join us?" Loki asked and I looked at him in disbelief.

"I don't see why that would be a problem." Thor nodded.
"Meet me on the roof as soon as you're ready." He walked away and I glared at Loki.

"You are-"

"You wanted to go home, didn't you?" He asked.

"Unbelievable." I shook my head.

"This is your chance, darling. To show that you're better off without the morons that called themselves your family." Loki took my hand.
"You're a hero on Midgard and you're being courted by the Prince of Asgard."

"Loki, I don't know if I can face them." I admitted.
"I know what I've said in the past-"

"It's your choice. I'm not going to make you come with me, but I'd like it if you did." He smiled hopefully.
"Besides, I'd quite like you to meet my mother."

"I've met your mother on several occasions. She's a lovely woman." I sighed.
"And I want to go, I do, but..." I shook my head and Loki kissed my hand, looking at me with pleading eyes.
"You owe me." I grumbled and he grinned.

"You'll come to Asgard?" He asked and I reluctantly nodded, causing him to kiss me suddenly.
I laughed a little, breaking the kiss, finding his child-like excitement adorable.

"I'll come to Asgard." I agreed.
"But you have to tell the team. I'm going to grab something from my room. Meet you on the roof?" He nodded his head and I got up, going down the hall to my room. I reached under my bed and pulled out the large wooden box, marked with runes I carved myself many years ago. I carefully placed it down on my bed, before moving my hand over the box, watching the runes glow lightly, before it cracked open and I lifted up the lid, revealing the item I hadn't looked at in centuries. I carefully picked the sword up, unsheathing it and revealing the sliver blade that was also marked with runes. I used my magic to hide the sword, knowing that if I needed it, I could get it easily enough. I closed the case and slipped it under the bed once again.

"Y/N?" I turned my head to see Wanda in the doorway.
"So you're going to Asgard then?"

"Yeah. It's about time I go home. I've only been putting it off for 7 and a half centuries." I shrugged and she laughed lightly.
"I'll be back soon enough."

"Just go have fun with your boyfriend." She smiled at me and I rolled my eyes, feeling heat on my cheeks.
"Don't worry, not everybody knows. It's just me, Vis, Nat and Clint. I think Bucky might know, probably Sam too."

"Oh, so basically everybody knows?" I smiled and she nodded as I left my room, closing the door.

"You're not exactly discreet and Loki is..."

"Clingy as Hell?" Wanda laughed, nodding her head.
"Yeah, I've noticed."

"As long as you're happy." She spoke softly.

"I am." I sighed.
"I should get going. Tell the others I said goodbye?"

"Look after yourself." She smiled as I moved towards the elevator and Wanda went towards her room. I made it up to the roof, finding Thor and Loki arguing quietly amongst themselves.

"You two okay?" I asked and they both turned to me.

"Perfectly fine, darling. Did you get what you needed?" I nodded my head and moved over to him.
"Great. Let's go home."

"Heimdall?" Thor asked, raising his hammer and within a second, we were surrounded by the bright colours of the Bifrost.
Loki's tight on my waist tightened and before I knew it, we were lading in Asgard.

"Welcome back, my princes." The gatekeeper bowed his head.
"And welcome home, lady Y/N."

"It's good to see you again, Heimdall." I smiled, feeling a mix of excited and scared.

"Come on, brother, lady Y/N." Thor moved towards the doorway.
"We must be going. Thank you, Heimdall." We followed Thor outside and my eyes widened at the beautiful sight of home.

"Darling?" Loki asked and I looked at him, seeing both he and Thor had both mounted their horses. I looked at the third animal, before reaching my hand out and petting the horse lightly. I moved to its side and climbed up in one swift movement, seemingly impressing Loki. We rode towards the gates and Thor looked like he was concentrating on something.

"Thor? Are you alright?" I asked carefully, causing the prince to look at me.

"Yes. Of course, lady Y/N." He smiled brightly. I gave Loki a slightly worried look, but he shook his head. We made it to the stables in one piece and as soon as I dismounted the horse, Loki's arms were wrapped around my torso.

"What are you doing?" I asked, looking back at the God.

"Nothing." He replied innocently, letting go of me. Thor looked distracted again and Loki kissed me quickly, grinning.
I glared at him, before using my magic to change into a dress fitting the situation. It wasn't anything too fancy, but nice enough to wear in the presence of the king and queen of Asgard.
"You look perfect." Loki mumbled and I smirked.

"Don't I always?" I teased, making him chuckle. Thor said something about us following him and we did, keeping a few steps behind. Loki kept his hand on my lower back, guiding me as I got distracted by little things around Asgard. Little things I had forgotten. I decided to pay more attention when we entered the palace, knowing I had plenty of time to embrace my nostalgia later.

"Hello, mother." Loki spoke with a small smile and the Queen of Asgard turned to face us with a smile. Thor had already wondered off somewhere and I noticed that Frigga was just as beautiful as the day I left.

"Loki." She embraced her son and I remembered how Loki spoke about her. She was his idol. He loved her more than anyone in Asgard.
"And who is this?"

"Mother, I believe you know Lady Y/N." Loki spoke calmly and her eyes widened as she looked at me.

"My dear... we thought you to be dead." She smiled, looking between the two of us.
"You've grown into such a beautiful lady."

"Thank you, my Queen." I bowed my head respectfully.
"It is lovely to see you again."

"Loki, why don't you speak to your father? I'd like to talk with Y/N." Frigga spoke and Loki looked like he was going to protest, but she didn't give him a chance to.
"I'll look after her, don't worry. Go."

"I'll be back soon." He promised, before walking away. Frigga watched her son leave, before looking at me.

"You mean a lot to him." She smiled at me.
"Loki very rarely shows a real interest in people and he certainly never lets me meet them." I felt a blush crawling up my neck and I laughed a little, looking down.

"He means a lot to me too." I nodded, reaching up and lightly touching the emerald necklace. It was the same one Loki gave me on the night of Tony's party.

"Tell me about Loki. What's he like on Earth?"

"He's... he likes to talk a lot." She laughed a little at my answer.