7. "Don't You Look Lovely."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N, we're going down to the party, are you sure you don't want anything?" Nat asked and I shook my head.

"If you need anything, text us." Wanda looked at me.
"You need your rest, so we'll come up and help with anything we can."

"You two go and enjoy yourselves. I'll be just fine." I smiled at them.
"You both look amazing, by the way." Nat was wearing a long black off the shoulder dress with a slit in the leg, whereas Wanda wore a long scarlet dress with a deep v-neck. They also had their hair and makeup done perfectly.

"We all know that if you were coming to this party, you'd look better than both of us." Wanda laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up and go to the stupid party." I looked at the door and they said their goodbyes, before leaving.

"I didn't think they were ever going to leave." Loki muttered, coming out of the bathroom attached to my room. We had been talking before the pair came into the room and for some reason, he decided to hide in the bathroom, despite being perfectly capable of invisibility.
He was wearing a suit and tie and I'd be lying if I said he didn't look attractive as Hell.
"Are you ready to go?"

"Do I look ready?" I asked sarcastically, pulling myself out of bed. I immediately used my magic to change into my dress, as well as fixing my hair and makeup.
My dress was a beautiful royal blue and similar to Nat's, it was off the shoulder and reached the ground. However, it didn't have a slit up the leg.
"Now I'm ready."

"No, wait." Loki pulled something out of his pocket, but I didn't quite see what it was.
"Turn around." I hesitated, before turning my back to him and barely a second later, something was lowered in front of my face. A necklace. As soon as it touched me, I lightly pressed my fingers to it, smiling lightly.

"You bastard." I laughed a little, realising what he had done.
The necklace was just a distraction.

"You look good in my colour, darling." Loki purred and I moved over to the mirror, looking at my, now emerald, dress along with the gold and emerald necklace.

"I actually like it better than the blue." I admitted, quickly fixing my makeup.

"Well then, my lady. Shall we go?" He offered me his arm and I moved over to him.

"My prince." I curtsied, making him chuckle, before I took his arm and we left my room, going down the hall towards the elevator.
We made it down to the ballroom where the party was being held and before the doors even opened, we could hear the music.
"Hey, guys. We didn't miss much, did we?" I asked as we walked towards the small group of Avengers, consisting of Nat, Wanda, Clint and Sam.

"You shouldn't be here, you don't even like Tony's parties!" Nat glared at me, whereas Sam just looked amused.

"Honestly, I don't even like Tony that much, I'm just here to spite him." I shrugged, making Loki laugh quietly.

"You are not helping this situation. She could get seriously hurt." Nat glared at him.

"Frost Giants are much stronger than we look. Lady Y/N will be fine." He smirked.

"I wasn't wrong. You do look better than us." Wanda muttered and Clint agreed, causing both girls to glare at him.

"Thanks." I grinned at them.

"Why don't we go and get a drink?" Loki suggested and I agreed. We walked away from the group towards the drinks table, where Thor and Steve were talking.
"Here, darling." Loki passed me a drink and I thanked him.

"You shouldn't be out of bed, never mind drinking." Steve looked at me disapprovingly.
"Won't that affect the pain meds you're taking?"

"I'm not taking any pain meds." I shrugged, taking a sip from the champagne. I had grown accustomed to what the mortals considered alcohol. It didn't even come close to getting me drunk, but it wasn't horrible.

"Lady Y/N, I am taking you back to bed." Thor announced stepping towards me.

"I'd like to see you try. It's going to be a lot more embarrassing for you than for me." I smirked, looking at Thor.
"You may be able to lift your hammer, but believe me, I am much more stubborn."

"I dare you to try, brother. Watching you get beaten up might make this sorry excuse of a party at least slightly amusing." Thor glared at Loki, before walking away.

"Loki, you're in charge of watching Y/N. If anything happens to her, you're the one who will be held responsible." Steve warned, also walking away.

"Well, we've managed to annoy quite a few people in such little time, I'm having fun, aren't you?" I asked and Loki nodded his head slightly.
"What do you want to do now, God of Mischief? Your move."

"Why don't we go outside for a few moments. I do believe I just saw the man with the metal arm step out for some air." He replied with a mischievous smirk and we moved across the hall towards the doors that lead out to the small balcony.

"Hey, Bucky. The party has just started, taking a breather so soon?" I asked, my arm still connected with Loki's.

"I knew it wouldn't be too long until you made an appearance." Bucky looked at me, laughing slightly.
"Don't you look lovely."

"Not too bad yourself, Buck." He held out his metal hand and I handed my drink to Loki, moving over to him. Bucky took my hand in his, before lifting it and spinning me around.
"You know, I'm sure Steve is about to do something stupid. Get back in there and save him."

"You're probably right." Bucky laughed, nodding his head. I took my drink back from Loki and almost instantly, the trickster's hand landed on the small of my back.
"Keep yourselves out of trouble."

"Nope." Bucky walked back inside and I leaned against the railing slightly, looking over at the city.
"You know, I've watched humanity evolve and build new technologies and it's never been this beautiful." I sighed, smiling slightly. Loki moved next to me, looking over at the city.

"I can think of something equally as beautiful." He muttered and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
"What? I was gonna say Asgard."

"Asgard is beautiful." I nodded in agreement, before looking back out over the dark skyline. It was almost impossible to see the stars with all the city lights, but it didn't make it any less amazing.

"Do you miss it?" Loki asked.
"Asgard?"

"Everyday." I nodded.
"I'm sure I could return whenever I wanted to, I'm sure if I asked, the Bifrost would open, but I'm not sure that I want to go back. After everything that happened, I don't think I could go back and face them. Not alone."

"No one said you had to face them alone." Loki spoke softly and his hand hesitantly touched mine. I connected our hands, seeing the small blush spread across his cheeks.