Part 30

Your POV:
It was awfully quiet when I woke.

"Strange" I muttered. It's normally noisy with everyone shouting. Disadvantages of homeschooling.

I stretch and look at the clock. 2pm.

2pm!!

"Shit!" I whispered while scrambling to get up. I have never slept in this late! Even if I've had a bad night sleep. "

"Hey" I heard Tom's voice. I looked towards the door.

"Why didn't you wake me?!" I scolded. Tom closed the bedroom door and came and sat on the bed. I was up and frantically looking for my dressing gown.

"Because you needed the rest darling". "Yes I know but not until 2pm! The whole day has gone!". I huffed, rummaging through a pile of clothes, still looking for my dressing gown. I felt his arms wrap around me and start pulling me back to bed. "Tom I need to get up" I snapped, turning to him. He pulled away with his hands in the air. "Thank you". I turned back around but, seconds later, I was thrown over Tom's shoulder and put back into bed. Before I could get up, he laid on top of me. "Bloody hell, I would like to breathe" I said trying not to laugh. "I'll move if you promise to stay put" he reasoned. I looked at him. His eyes were deadly serious. Now it was my turn to put my hands up. "Okay fine. You win". Tom cheered, quickly kissed my cheek and moved to lie next to me. "Dick" I laughed. "I know you like mine" he winked. I slapped his chest. "Mr Holland. How rude!" I faked gasped. "Oh come on, you love it really" he smiled while wrapping his arms around me. I snuggled into his chest while he pulled the duvet over us.

"We hardly ever do this anymore" I spoke up after a couple of minutes silence. "That's why I'm up here darling". I moved my head so I could look at him. "I know it's been hard for you these past months and especially these last few days too. I wanted to spend time with you. On our own". He placed his hand on my cheek and started wiping the tears away that had fallen. "I love you so much Tom" I cried. "And I love you too". He leant down to place a soft kiss to my lips.

"Why is it so quiet?" I asked once we pulled away. Tom laughed. "They are all in the garden. Frank is schooling Fred and Liv in Maths and I think Elodie is in the paddling pool with Jack" he spoke. "You mean Fred is actually doing Maths?!" I gasped. Tom nodded. "Jesus, I'm glad I am laid down" I laughed. "Elodie is going to order Chinese for tea. Said she will bring ours up so we can stay here together" he said while moving to get more comfy. "Awh she's so sweet". "Yes. Though I'm convinced it was her plan to get me away so they could watch a Marvel Film without me fangirling" Tom giggled. "Haha why?" I laughed too. "I saw Fred and El high-fiving when I left".

Tom was a nightmare when watching Marvel films. He would never ever shut up.

"I've worked with Chris Evans" Tom said one day. We were watching Winter Solider. "And with Seb". "Dad I swear to god if you say that one more time I will shove this burrito down you throat so you cannot speak for a week!" Freddie shouted. And by the look on his face, he was serious too.

"Can you blame them though? I mean you annoy the living daylights out of me when you do that" I laughed. "Why don't you say anything?". "I'm too polite to say anything". "Yeah yeah". Tom rolled his eyes and snuggled more into the bed.

"Off to sleep already?" I asked. "Why? What else do you have in mind?". Tom wriggled his eyebrows. I just rolled my eyes. "Always sex on the brain with you". "Well, the kids are outside and they can't hear us". He had a point. "Well, it has been ages I suppose" I winked at him. "You naughty girl". I smiled and Tom pulled the duvet over our heads.