Part 32

Your POV:
It had been a week since Jack's first birthday and we were still all getting over the excitement and celebrations. But it was back to reality when I walked into work this morning.

"Good Morning" I spoke to Amy and Ben.
They were getting the front door ready for the no contact takeaway service.
"Good Morning to my dearest sister in law. How are you today?" Ben said poshly.

Ben was Lottie's husband.

"Wow Lottie is definitely rubbing off on you" I laughed.
"I told him that this morning" Amy laughed too.
"I will tell Lottie that" Ben smiled.
"I'll expect the FaceTime".
I went into the back and put my things in my locker.
"Anyway how is life in the Holland household?" Ben asked when I got back.
"Hectic. Home schooling is doing my nut in. But I miss spending time with all of lot though" I said sadly.
"I know but hopefully soon. Heard anything from Jamie?"
"Yes. We spoke at the weekend. Actually we are meeting for a walk later. Think he wants to speak to us all individually".
"That will be nice. Lottie talks about him a lot".
"Yeah she does. Think Haz does too but haven't really had time to speak to him properly. Or Lottie for that matter".
"It is hard. I know it is. Maybe you three could go for a walk sometime?" Ben suggested.
"Yeah. It's just all being free at the same time" I said.
"True. It is hard being the only one working. I know as I am the same with my family".
"It is. How are your family?" I asked. We were just about ready to open.
"Yeah good thanks. Hard not seeing them but they are good thanks!" Ben answered.
Before I could answer, Amy interrupted us.
"Enough chit chat. We are open now" she laughed.
Ben and I laughed and put our masks on.

It was 2:55pm. 5 minutes until the end of my shift. We were quite busy today. But it had been a good day. I was just wiping off the table when Ben came up to me.
"Y/n you wouldn't be able to do me a favour could you?" He asked with his puppy dog eyes.
"Depends what it is" I laughed.
"Could you swap and work my shift Wednesday and I work your shift tomorrow please? It's just Mum has a hospital appointment and no one to take her".
"Of course I can! Maybe I could see Lottie and Haz tomorrow as I know they are both free" I smiled.
"That's a good idea! You are an absolute life saver!"
"It's no worries. I know you would do the same for me! Just make sure Amy is okay with it" I said.
"Yep it is all good! As long as someone comes in, I don't mind" Amy shouted from the kitchen laughing.
"I'll send Tom in then!". We all laughed.
"Hey" I heard behind me. I turned around and Jaime was stood there.
"Hey! This is Ben, Lottie's husband. Ben this is our brother Jamie" I introduced them.
"Nice to meet you. I have heard loads about you" Ben beamed.
"All good I hope" Jamie laughed. We then joined in laughing.
"Give me 2 minutes. I just need to get my things" I said while walking to the locker room.

As I emerged from the locker room, I said bye to Amy and then made my way to the door.
"Tell Lottie I'll text her later. Hope it goes well on Wednesday" I told Ben.
"Thanks y/n. Will do. See you Thursday!" He waved.
"See you Thursday!" I waved back.
I turned to Jamie and smiled.
"Ready?" He asked.
"Let's go".