Part 14

Tom's POV:
"But Dad" Elodie moaned. "No Elodie, you've got to stay in bed okay. I will take Jack with me and you need to get better" I told her.

Elodie had come down with a cold but she was adamant that she was going to come today.

After our little heart to heart, it felt like a weight had been lifted of my shoulders. I knew I had to talk about my feelings more but at the time, I couldn't. But I promised Elodie that I would and that is just what I did.

When we got home that night, I rang Mum and told her everything. It was nice for someone else to know too. Other than El.

Today was the day for Y/n's next physio session. Everyone had work or school today so no one could look after Jack, so I decided to take him with me. I knew Y/n missed him. Eva had offered but she had Danni. "Two baby's might be a nightmare" I told her. She laughed. "Fine but I'll stay and look after Elodie then" she bargained. "Okay deal".

Elodie was still moaning. "If you're good for Auntie Eva, I'll bring you ice cream". She stopped. "Chocolate Chip?" She asked. "Yes chocolate chip" I laughed. "Deal". "Can't believe I had to bribe a 19 year old" I muttered. "You love me though" El spoke. "I do very much. Right we will see you later" I said and left for the hospital.

Your POV:
I was excited for today. It was the first time I would have seen Tom in 3 days! Obviously we texted and FaceTimed but I missed him.

Obviously he needed those 3 days as I could see he was stressed out. Elodie had told me about the heart to heart them two had had. It saddened me to think he had taken it all on himself and not said anything but then again, that's Tom. My Tom.

When he FaceTimed yesterday, we had a long conversation about all of it and we promised that we wouldn't keep anything from each other anymore. Even though we never have, this situation made us.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the door opening.  I looked up and saw Tom walking in with an upset Jack. "Oh my baby what's wrong?" I cooed as Tom handed him to me. I was sat in the chair by the bed.  "As we walked in, someone recognised me and shouted which startled him awake" he explained. "Oh baby. It's okay. Nanny's here" I said rocking him back and forth. He began to calm down. I looked over at Tom, who was slumped in the chair opposite me. "You look tired" I told him. He shook his head. "I'm okay. It's just, I've been trying to calm him down for 10 minutes" he laughed.

Jack had finally gone back to sleep in my arms. "How is everyone?" I asked. "Yeah they are good. Freddie and Olivia are at school and Elodie is in bed with a cold. That's why I have handsome here" he answered. "Is she okay?" I asked concerned. "Yeah. She has a temperature. We called the doctor out and they've gave her some medicine so she is all good. Eva is with her today". He then added, "she really wanted to come today but I told her she had to stay in bed. Had to bribe her with ice cream". "Tom!" I laughed. "What. It was the only way" he laughed too. "She's 19" I added. "I know but I'm a sucker for my kids". That was very very true.

We chatted for 30 minutes until Doctor Paul came to get us. "Awh is this little Jack?" He asked us. Tom was carefully putting him in his car seat so we were ready to go to my session.

"Yes it is" I replied. "How old?". "5 months" Tom answered. He just stared lovingly into his grandson's eyes.

"Are we ready?" Doctor Paul asked. "Yep" I replied which then pulled Tom's gaze away from Jack.