Part 28

Your POV:
I couldn't sleep. Every bit of information that was bought to our attention in the last 24 hours was still processing.

I looked over to Tom, who was snoring like anything. "How can he sleep that peacefully" I thought to myself.

I carefully got up and sat on the edge of the bed. I checked the time. 2am. Ugh. I just wanted to sleep.

Turning slowly to look at Tom, I gently stroked his cheek. I wouldn't know what I would do without him. He is my rock.

Slowly retracting my hand, I quietly got up and walked downstairs. I checked my phone once I got to the kitchen and there was a message from Mum.

"I hope you all got on. Love Mum x".

I couldn't not speak to her again. It killed me all those years. She may have done some things that are unforgivable. But she's my Mum.

I put my phone on the counter and put my head in my hands. So much information.

"Mum, you okay?". I jumped and turned around with my hand on my heart. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" Elodie went. "Oh honey it's okay. Why are you up?" I asked. "Just finished putting Jack back down and needed some water. What about you?" She said, getting a glass of water. "Couldn't sleep" I mumbled. "Is it? Or is it because of finding out you have an older brother?" Elodie smoothly said.

I stood speechless.

"H-how did you find out?" I whisper. "Mum, we are Holland's. Plus all of us listened out the bedroom window" she giggled. I smiled slightly. "Should have known" I whispered. Elodie nodded her head. "So you heard everything?" I asked. "Yep. The way you all disowned Grandma and how you were getting to know Uncle Jamie".

Disown.

Is that what we did?

"But you don't want to stop speaking to her" Elodie interrupted my thoughts. I looked at her. Tears falling. "How did you know?" I whispered, wiping the tears. "I saw your face yesterday when you told Grandma and I can see how much you're hurting now". She then added, "I can also read you like a book Mum. I mean, where else do you think I get all my emotions from?".

She was right.

And she was such a mini me.

I laughed. "That's true".

Just then, Jack started crying. "My Son requires the boob again" Elodie laughed. I snorted. "Eww Mum" She laughed. "Sorry" I giggled. "Text her back" she said, while hugging me. "I will. I love you". "Love you too Mum".

I picked my phone up and began to type a message back.

"We did thank you. Wish you told us early though. I love you too x".

I sent it and put my phone back down.

Why wasn't my life simple?

I knew Harrison and Lottie wouldn't be happy when they found out I would still be talking to Mum. But it's my choice.

But then I didn't want to loose them. They had been with me all these years.

Surely they would understand?

"Yes they will" I muttered to myself.

I checked the time and it was 4am.

2 hours of standing here thinking.

I grabbed a glass of water and made my way back upstairs.

When I got into our bedroom, Tom was still peacefully asleep. Lucky bastard.

I put my glass down and made my way into the bathroom. Maybe a bath would help.

And boy didn't it.

"Darling? Darling?" I heard. I slowly opened my eyes to see Tom pulling the plug out of the bath. I shivered. "Come on, let's get you to bed" he whispered while helping me up. I sleepily groaned. I was comfy. "What time is it?" I groggily asked. "5am". "I've been in here for an hour". Tom laughed as my eyes closed.

He helped me out and helped me dry. He then got fresh pjs, helped me dress and carried me back into bed. He pulled me into his chest and I instantly fell into a deep and much needed sleep.