//encyclopedias all the way//

-----

I was in some pretty rough condition for the next two weeks. For the first week of so I was constantly drifting in and out of consciousness- the longest I was awake for being up to a few hours. But slowly and steadily, I was recovering.

The biggest problem was my shoulder- although luckily, I wasn't wounded in the stomach as bad as Emma was in the original, but I was hit right through the shoulder, which caused some struggles in walking, and no doubt until I healed fully I wouldn't be able to properly use a gun or my throwing knives.

In this time, while I waited for the 4 week mark to explain my plan to the others, I talked to Emma and Ray about the seven walls, and the amulet Mujika gave me. When I wasn't talking to them about it I was trying to walk- using my crutches to aid me. I got into reading- there were some pretty interesting books to read- some were fiction and some were informational. I tried to teach myself some Latin so I could read the backwards-Latin codes in some of the books as well, but I didn't get very far in two weeks.

And then the day came for us to announce the plan. I was sitting in my hospital bed, stretching my arms out. I was grateful to feel only a little pain in my shoulder, and that I could move it around quite well. Emma and Ray arrived in the room and the ginger-haired girl grinned.

"Are you exited?" She asked. I hummed, biting the inside of my cheek.

"I'm not sure... do you think you could give the speech instead?" I asked her. Emma rolled her eyes.

"No. It's your plan anyway- Ray and I just helped out with the details." She smiled. I looked to Ray for assistance but he shrugged, clearly supporting Emma in the ordeal. "We're all counting on you!" She cheered.

Emma helped me get out of bed and I grabbed my crutch- only needing one at this point in time. I arrived in one of the larger rooms and looked across the sea of children looking at me expectantly. I took a deep inhale and pulled out the pen from my pocket. "Seize the future with your hands. That's what Mr. Minerva said when he left this for us. I've got a plan." I looked to Ray for reassurance and he smiled a little. Emma nodded her head and wore a bright grin. "A plan to rescue all of the cattle children."

-----

I sat on the floor of the library, beside one of the couches. I rubbed my tired eyes. It has been a couple weeks since I explained the plan to everyone. Since then I was aiding with preparations with the plan, learning backwards latin, and trying to study books about the demon culture.

When I wasn't doing that I was spending time with all the other children, who seemed to really enjoy my company. I started training with Yuugo a while ago- and although he was harsh he helped me with rehabilitation and growing stronger as well.

I let out a long yawn. I may not be getting a lot of sleep, but I felt too restless to do so. I'd just spent 4 weeks in bed- it was time to get my crap together to avoid becoming a burden to this universe. Like Emma said, they were counting on me. And I needed to be able to outsmart Andrew so I can save Lucas and Yuugo from their fate.

I found myself rereading the same paragraph of the book about demon culture for the 6th time. I groaned, smacking my cheeks to stay focused. There was a knock on the door and I looked up to see Hayato, unexpectedly. He walked in and handed me a glass of water. "Reina's worried about you. You should get some rest." He said simply before leaving the room.

I smiled and waved at him before turning back to my book. I took a sip of my water and flipped the page. Maybe a little rest wouldn't be so bad...

Or so I said.

I began teaching Yuugo how to use throwing knives, along with Don and Niko who insisted in learning. While looking for training knives for the kids I found a sword in the armoury and grinned. Maybe I could learn swordsmanship as well!