//Promises//

Yuugo stood in between the hulking form of an enraged demon and I, the creature's long claw-like fingers piercing into his body. The second demon towered over him despite the old escapee's tall height, both of their eyes full of rage and determination.

"Move, old man." The demon growled, it's voice a disgusting warble. "I'm going to eat them all. You getting in the way for a few more minutes isn't going to change that." He leaned forward, drool dripping from the bottom of it's mask "That one behind you is a Gracefield premium-quality, you know." Yuugo grunted, reaching his hands up to grip onto the demon's arms, digging his nails into the flesh preventing it from moving forward.

"I won't let you lay a single finger on her." His eyes narrowed. "Or any of them." Yuugo growled, licking the blood from his lips

"Yuugo-" I choked, tears brimming my eyes as I watched helplessly.

"Damn it-!!" Ray shouted from the distance, raising his gun to fire.

"DON'T SHOOT-!!" I screamed, finally snapping out of my shock. "If you shoot, Yuugo's wounds will-!!" MY voice faltered as I turned back to the man standing in-between me and the hungry demon. 'He'll die- He is going to die. But I need to prevent that happening. But what...' More tears spilled from my eyes '-what can I do...?' My eyes trailed to Norman's paper-bag-mask-wearing friend. "Norman, Zazie-!!" I yelled. Norman turned to me, his eyes widening in sudden understanding.

I glanced around me anxiously, needing another person for my plan. Lucas isn't here!! Then who can-

Isabella arrived behind me as I scrambled to my feet. "I understand the situation." She spoke with a reassuring nod. "Allow me to help." I nodded gratefully, bracing myself for what was about to happen.

"ZAZIE-!!" Norman yelled, pointing to the demon's arm from afar. Zazie understood the simple command, racing forward in an instant and slicing through the demon's flesh like it was butter, before killing it. I stepped forward immediately, grasping onto Yuugo to keep him from falling over and making his wounds any worse. Isabella came from behind and helped be brace his arms. I moved to hold up the demon arm, to keep it from drooping or moving, and jumble up Yuugo any more.

"Y/N, it's okay." Yuugo grunted as more blood spilled from his wounds, my arms trembling from the weight of holding him up, even with the grandmother's help. 

"No, it's not-" I spoke, my voice trembling, Isabella helping me to lay the man gently on the ground without removing the claw, or letting it push back through his chest, so it wouldn't cause him any further damage.

Yuugo smiled softly. "It's okay, Y/N." He repeated. "I don't regret it."

I blinked away the tears in my eyes as I grabbed the already-bloodied jacket from my bag and pressed it into the wound on his chest in an attempt to keep any more blood from leaving that area, although his shoulder and side were wounded badly as well. "I won't let you die." I muttered, although it was all I could do to keep from keeping my hands from shaking violently.

"Help her keep the claws from causing any further damage." Isabella commanded the nearby sisters as the Gracefield kids arrived nearby, watching with surprised and helpless expressions. "Yukko, go get a stretcher." All of the caretakers nodded in response, several of them bring towels over to press against the injuries to keep his wounds from getting any worse.

"Y/N," Yuugo spoke again.

My jaw clenched, my eyes focused on the task at hand "Don't speak. You need to save your strength."

" Y/N." The stubborn man repeated, reaching a hand up to my arm. "You saved who you needed to save, right?"

My eyes widened and I glanced to Isabella besides me. My gaze then hardened as I turned back to the wound, one of the sisters helping me to press a cloth against it as I spoke. "Yeah, I did. But you're one of those people too."