//Explanations//

This chapter lowkey bland-asf but we can work with it anyway.

-----

"Hey Yuugo..." I sighed as I stared out the doorway a while after the children dispersed, wondering, once again, if what I was about to do was the right course of action. "I need you to do something for me..." I turned to the adult man who was raising a suspicious eyebrow.

"Depends on what it is." He quipped, crossing his arms with an unimpressed eyebrow-raise. I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Well, you won't like it, that's for sure." I grinned cheesily, closing the door and walking towards his bed. Yuugo's raised eyebrows stayed unimpressed. "-But I need you to do it anyway." I sat down in the chair I'd been occupying besides his bed and linked my fingers together with a nervous hum. "I know you already suspect something is up with the reward for the promise..." I hesitated, glancing to the closed door, praying that no one was listening in on me. "And, well... you're not wrong."

"What is it?" The man asked after a moment of pause, his own nerves tangible in his voice.

I scratched the back of my head, chewing onto my lip. "I can't tell you much, but I've been given two options. Everyone's memories can be altered to have me die in it-" Yuugo's eyes widened in response. "-Or I can get someone to convince them I'm dead."

"...so you're not dying?" Yuugo asked conformation, his eyes narrowing.

I chuckled lightly. "At least I'm not planning to, anytime soon."

"Then what's the actual reward?" Bunker dad asked. I puffed out my cheeks and crossed my arms, leaning back in the chair.

"There's the problem. I don't know where the line is. If I tell you too much 'he' plans to go with the plan of having all of your memories altered. But... I can say I'll still be alive." I stared at the escapee dad's eyes. "...will that be enough for you?"

The man sighed, rubbing the back of his head. He stayed silent for a long while, before finally gathering his courage to speak. "If you can promise me you'll be alive..." He started quietly. "I guess that's the best I can wish for." He looked back up to me curiously. "But why does everyone need to believe that you're dead? And why have me be the one who knows the truth?"

I huffed. "Well, if they knew I was alive they'd probably start looking for me. And if it was anyone else I'm positive they'd try to make a new promise. And neither 'him' or I want either of those things to happen..." Yuugo nodded, pursing his lips.

"I see... but Y/N... will we ever see you again?"

I hesitated. "I..." I looked to the floor, tugging on a loose strand of hair. "not as far as I know..."

Yuugo grimaced, pursing his lips. "But why- if you're a cattle child, you should be going to the human world, right?" Small warning bells went off in my brain, and I raised an amused eyebrow once I thought about his use of words and phrasing.

"Still trying to figure out the details, aren't you?" I asked with a small smile. Yuugo groaned in defeat, how own bittersweet smile laying on his face.

"It was worth a try."

We sat in a chilling albeit comfortable silence. "Well..." I sighed, scratching my head. "I'm going to make a little something. I'll give it to you eventually." I offered weakly. "When I do... I want you to show it to everyone... even if it takes time for them- and you- to be ready." The man nodded slightly.

"Okay. See you later, kiddo."

"Yeah."

-----