Chapter 11

LIAMS POV

I was woken by chubs. "Why is Genevieve acting so strange?!" He was shaking me. What is going on? Then I remembered the night before. She is orange, and a red.

Both. Somehow, Genevieve Scott is both. Auburn. Is what I think of when those two colors mix. But how? This hasn't happened before, or at least as we know of.

She took their memories. But why? They wouldn't care, right? "Uhh what do you mean?" I asked and obviously I looked stupid. We both fell asleep on a freaking garage floor.

She wasn't in here anymore though. "She wouldn't talk to me! You both fell asleep on a garage floor! Need me to continue the list? Why is she acting strange? Did you two fight?"

He was still talking but I didn't care. "Where is she?" Was all I asked. He lead me to where zu was outside my parents bathroom door. She was silently crying.

I watched as a paper slipped back from under the door. They were communicating the only way they both seemed like they would. "She hasn't said a word." Chubs said.

Of course she hasn't. She is scared. Of herself.

"Leave, both of you. Let me talk to her...please." I said. I was on the verge of tears. They didn't know what was going on but they left. I told them to wait downstairs.

I could tell chubs was nervous and on edge. Who wouldn't be in a situation like this. Zu was still crying and trying to get back to the room but chubs picked her up.

When I was sure they were downstairs I started trying to open the door. "Please! Let me in....I don't want you to hurt yourself!" I wouldn't let myself cry.

I was scared she would hurt herself because of what happened. She almost hurt me and now couldn't trust herself, let alone being near us.

I heard the door unlock, it was quiet, but it's what I was listening for. I almost broke the door trying to get in.

She wedged herself between where the sink was, and the toilet. I didn't get too close. Not because I was scared, but I didn't want to scare her.

"It's ok! You won't hurt me!" I said, calmly, quietly.

"Yes I will Liam! I don't know how this can happen! I'm so scared.....I-I" she was choking on her words. "No red has ever come out of this ok! I don't want that to happen to me. I don't want to hurt you guys! I don't want to live like this!" She said.

Watching her cry was awful. I didn't want her to be in any pain. "Just come out here and I can help you! We can figure this out together! I don't want you to be alone!" I said to her.

She shook her head no, and she looked like she was shaking. "I- I don't get it. I can't use them unless I'm angry. I already figured out that part.....only cause it's happened before, and both times, I was angry." She said to me.

"I just don't want them to hate me! I don't want you to hate me....." she said.

"I could never hate you!" I said. She flinched when I did. I raised my voice too high. "None of us could hate you. Oh boy your eyes betray what burns inside you."

She looked at me confused. "What does that mean?" I managed to get her to look me in the eyes. That was a good starts. She could actually look at me.

"It means.... I- your eyes, they show orange and red, when you use your powers, just like mine and chubs show blue, and zu yellow, right?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Well, that color betrays what you actually stand for. Your color doesn't make you bad, it's how you use it. I've only ever seen you use it for good. You don't have 1/4 of the monster in you that they make your colors seem to be." I told her.