Chapter 28

(The songs of this chapter are Turning Page by sleeping at last, and Iris by Natalie Taylor)

LIAMS POV

I felt the bed dip as she leaned in and I opened my eyes, despite her telling me to close them, and sure enough her eyes were glowing orange. I knew the consequences that may come if I ripped her from my mind but I did it anyways.

Why? Why was she in my mind? Did she know it? I hopped out of the bed and did the first thing I could think of.

"What were you thinking?!" I yelled at her and if it weren't for her face, I wouldn't have known better. She looked guilty and I knew. She knew what she was doing. She was going to take my memories.

"Why?" I asked her my voice barely above a whisper. She didn't look at me though. I saw tears streaming down her face, and all I wanted to do was take her pain away.

Even though I knew what she was going to do, I wanted her to be at peace. She got off the bed and went to the other side of the room.

"Why?" I asked her again but my voice was louder.

"It's the only way!" She yelled at me. Now I was confused even more. Only way to what? Is all I could think. Ruin us?

She clearly saw the confusion on my face. "Liam, you shouldn't be here. It's the only way you'll be able to get out!" She said to me. Her voice was pleading. Like she was trying to get me to understand.

I looked away from her. It shouldn't be the only reason. "It's shouldn't be though." I said. She understood this. I could feel it.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have gotten a goodbye? Nothing." I said to her. Now it was her turn to look away.

"I thought of every way to get you out Liam. There isn't another way!" She said back.

"You don't have to take them!" I yelled at her willing her to understand my pain. I saw a thousand thoughts flicker behind her eyes. She stepped closer and I backed away.

"No." I said. She looked so hurt. She wrapped her arms around herself and I felt so bad. She didn't deserve my love right now. She broke my trust.

"Listen to me, you don't have to take them, just act like you did! I can put on a good face, run away, and then come back when I'm better and find you!" I said to her. She shook her head.

"Liam. I'm to valuable to them. You know they would never let me even close to being alone for 5 minutes at a time." She said.

"They won't let me leave. I already made the deal. I can't leave. She said she wouldn't mind hunting you down, if I tried to run with you." She said and my heart shattered. She made this decision without me.

I scoffed and backed away more. I walked to the window and pulled back the curtain showing the chipped glass.

I heard her gasp. "Liam!" She said and ran over to it. She looked at it and shook her head. She stood back up and looked at me.

"This isn't you! Your going crazy right now!" She said to me and I grabbed her wrists.

"Your the reason! You just made a choice for my life with you! FOR ME! I'm crazy? Says the girl who tried to take me out of her life!" I yelled at her and I swear I saw her shrink.