Chapter 24

GENS POV 

When I wake back up I'm on a dock. I feel cold and when I roll over I see chubs. Unconscious chubs. I sit up quickly and I'm in pain but I don't care.

I roll him over and he is shaking and tears are on his face. "Chubs! Oh my god what happened!?" I ask him. He doesn't look at me.

You did this. You hurt him. I think and I barely hear what he says.

"The plane. It crashed and I got burned." He says. His words are strained and he is in a lot of pain. I cry and look at his back. His whole back and side of his neck are burned.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry chubs. It's all my fault. All of this is my fault!" I say crying my eyes out. I feel empty.  

He is slowly becoming more distant. I quickly grab onto my bag and search through it. Where is that necklace? 

I find it and pull it out with the note still on it. "Hold onto this for 3 seconds if we ever get separated and it will send me your location, but only if you activate it. -your friend cate." It reads.

"What is that?!" Chubs asks as he loses consciousness.

"Help." Is all I say. It's the league. But they can help up, and then we can leave, right?

I press it and wait. It turns red signaling it is tracking me now. As soon as I do it I panic. I just did that. I can't go back now.

I'm waiting with chubs just rocking him when I hear footsteps. I look up and see Liam running towards me. "GEN!" He yells.

I smile but it falls quickly. "No! No Liam you have to go! NOW!" I yell at him but he ignores me. He bends down and grabs chubs earning a groan from him.

"Grab his upper body I got lower. We can carr-." But I cut him off.

"No! Liam you have to go now!" I say again. He lowers chubs legs and looks at me.

"Why....what did you do?" He asks me.

"I got help.....from the league." I said. He laughs. He LAUGHS! "Liam this isn't funny I'm serious!" I say and he stops.

He looks at me searching me for a lie and when he doesn't find one I see tears in his eyes.

"The league?!" He asks. And I just nod.

"We need a doctor! They will have one and we can leave when we are do-." But it's his turn to cut me off.

"No NO! You didn't know what they are like! Turn it off! We can find someone!" He says in denial.

I shake my head. "Lee we can't fix this! I'm sorry! But they can! You need to leave before they come, they don't trust you and they won't take you back!" I say to him.

He waits a minute before speaking. "No, I'm not leaving you guys." He says. I go to protest but he interrupts. "No!" He says.

I feel tears and he gets on the ground next to me. I snuggle up to him and cry. Cry because all of this is because of me. Me. I did all of this damage on our group.

It's another 20 minutes when I hear the cars in the distance. He stiffens and chubs is out cold. I look at liam and he gives me a small smile.

"You still have a chance to go if you reall-." I start to say but Liam shakes his head.

"No, I'm staying. You can't change that." He says. But your wrong, I can. 

When they pull up their are about 5 cars that pull up all getting out with guns pointed at us. I look at a certain person though. She is holding a necklace identical to mine and it's red too.