Chapter 21

GENS POV

It was the weekend meaning we all had the days off. Liam took off weekends for us, chubs didn't have garden duty, of course zu didn't have school, and Clancy was busier on weekends so we tools those off.

We were all lounging in the cabin and Zu had decided to go hang out with all her friends and hina, her cousin. Chubs and Liam had just go back from the pond.

Chubs didn't know about the spring and I told Liam not to take him their. I wanted it to be our spot. Even thought other kids in the camp knew about it and went their. I wanted it out of our group, to be ours.

They just got back and now me and Liam are cuddling. "Gen. Are you ok?" He asked me.

If I'm being honest no. Clancy has been acting strange recently. He has been more irritated and not wanting to see me as long.

I didn't have the chance to answer before our cabin door was flung open and I hopped off the bed ready to fight whoever was intruding our space. But it was just hina and zu.

They both looked petrified and zu was pointing at my hands. They were on fire. Hina started to back up but I stopped her when I plunged into her head.

You will forget what you just saw. I went through her memory and took that out. When I was back her scared face went back to looking happy.

Zu realized what I just did and gave me a look but I looked away. "What's up guys." Liam said grabbing my waist to calm me down.

Hina started speaking but she lost me after her first 3 words. "We are leaving-." And then everything was spinning.

Zu. Leaving. She is leaving you. Like they always do.

Liam gripped my waist harder pulling me back to reality. I can't do this.

"Whoa slow down." Liam said as zu was running all over the place grabbing her stuff and anything else she may need.

"Us and three others are leaving. Two blues and a yellow. Kiley finally got us permission to leave the camp." Hina explained to us.

I was in shock and couldn't speak. "And what? Go for a hike?" Liam asked zu. She gave him a look and he continued. "Help me here zu! Tell me what you want to say."

She looked like she would say something but then wrote I want to go with them to California. In her book.

California. Too far. She will be too far. I thought over and over.

"What is in California?" I asked hina and she turned to talk to me.

"My uncle has a house their and the west coast gov. Won't turn us into the camps." She explained to us.

"Zu, that's a long trip. What if something happens?" He asked her. She grabbed her notebook and wrote something in it and we all stopped and waited for her.

I want to be with my family! And you don't have to worry about me anymore. Please don't be mad. It read. I choked up a bit.

"We like worrying about you! How soon will you be leaving?" Asked chubs. I kinda forgot he was in here with how quiet he was.

"We have to leave right now. Kiley is worried that Clancy will tell her no if we don't leave soon." Hina told us.

To soon. Too little time. She is going to be gone. I couldn't stop thinking.

Talon, a yellow,  Kiley and Lucy, blues, showed up and Liam stood. "I need to talk with you guys." He said to them and he stepped out.

I helped zu pack and chubs was clearly mad. Non of us wanted her to leave but chubs was like our mom. He was furious she was leaving.