Chapter 14

LIAMS POV

We had left about a dozen of the kids back where they found us and the other dozer were traveling with us back to the camp. The slip kids camp. I thought.

We were safe now. We could be free. But at the same time, everything was about to be so different. I would eventually go to my parents, and if gen wanted she could join me, or she would go back to hers, chubs would find his parents, and zu would go to her uncles.

Her uncle had a place in California. She was gonna go stay at his little place their, it was in the middle of no where, and was safe.

We were walking up steep hills and mountain sides. It was starting to rain making it slippery and it was hard to keep up with the rest.

Mike was talking about how long each of them had been here, and how the slip kid would be glad to meet us.

"So, what are your colors?" He asked. Idk why he did, he knew mine and chubs, we were in the same cabin. "Well me and chubs are blues and zu, the little one, is yellow and Genevieve here is-." But she cut me off.

"Green, I'm a green." She said. "I can speak for myself Liam." She added, trying to play it off. I caught her gaze and tilted my head, as if to ask, why?

She just shook her head. And then it hit me. She was scared they wouldn't want her, or they would be scared of her. It was just like when she first met us, she is just trying to protect herself.

I felt so bad for her. She always had to live her life in a lie. Always hiding her true self from others. It made me mad, that people thought of reds and oranges as dangerous. They weren't, their powers, and how they used them were.

I feel like when people knew our colors, they feared us, just because of what they have seen, not because they know who we are. And now not only was she feared as orange, but she was also feared as a red. Double feared.

"Ok so when we get to the camp, you'll meet the slip kid first, I'll give you a quick tour of the camp and then you guys will get a cabin."mike explained to us.

"Most of the cabins have one full bed, a bunk bed, and a bathroom and a dresser. Not all are the same but I'm guessing because of the size of your group, that is what you'll get." He added.

I just nodded. I didn't care where I slept, as long as I got a bed. Me and Genevieve took the back of the group, behind chubs.

When mike turned his back I looked at Genevieve. She wasn't smiling, and she looked nervous. She was pretty though, and I was feeling bold. I moved to her height and kissed her cheek.

She smiled and put her head down. I put the hood of my hoodie on. It was getting slick and it wasn't helping that I had my leather jacket on.

I put my hand on the small of her back to help her up the last couple of feet of the mountain side until we reached an open area. The camp.

"Welcome to your new home!" Mike said to us. I couldn't believe it. We were actually here. And everyone looked so happy. I watched as kids passed us, all healthy, with smiles on their faces.
——————-

GENS POV

I think it was the first time I saw zu genuinely smile. And chubs. He was always grumpy, but today was a good day, we were safe, and happy.

Only my heart dropped. I saw the symbol the PSF's wear. And I saw a lot of the kids wearing the color black. Just like the PSF's. I squeezed liams hand and he saw what I was seeing.

"Why is that symbol here?" He asked mike.

"Because isn't it our symbol? It should represent us, not them." Mike replied. I was still on edge.