Chapter 27

The chapter song is all I want by Kodaline.

And the song she sings is you by Keaton Henson.

"It's me Liam. I'm ok"

GENS POV

As soon as he heard my voice he shot out of the bed and was at my side. He pulled me into a bone crushing hug. He hugged me for a while without saying anything.

"I thought they were hurting you....I...I though you were...." he said and I knew what he was trying to say. He thought I was dead.

"I'm here Liam. Its ok." I said and it was a lie. None of this was going to be ok in the end. I knew I was trying to convince him rather than myself. In the end this was going to be the better option.

He wouldn't see it, and never would. But it is. He is going to get out of here. Alive and well and he is going to move on from me and my awful ways. He will be safe.

He will find chubs and Zu and they will find Liams parents, and jacks dad. It was going to be ok. It will.

We walked over to the bed and we sat down with are back on the backboard. I snuggled up to his chest for the last time and hugged his side.

"This is all so messed up. We shouldn't be here." Liam said. And I cried in his arms. It was my fault he was here.

"I'm sorry Liam! I'm so so sorry. I'm the reason your here. And I'll find you a way out eventually." I said to him. Only what he didn't know was eventually was now.

He pulled me closer to him. "Nonsense. With me being stupid we would have ended up here anyways. I would have eventually called my brother for help with chubs." He said. I didn't believe him though and I don't think he did either.

"No stop! Stop trying to take the blame for things! This was my fault just admit it! Admit you hate me!" This will all be easier if you hate me! I thought.

He shook his head and just linked our hands together. "No." Was all he said and he just held me.

When I calmed down enough he asked me to sing him a song. "Sing me something" he said. I looked at him dumbfounded.

"Liam with the circumstances we are in, you want me to sing you a song?" I asked him. He couldn't be serious right now. He didn't know this was our last moments together and he wants me to sing.

"It's calms me down. Like when we were in black Betty. You would sing and I would forget all my troubles. Your voice is like and angles." He said to me and I blushed.

I didn't know what to sing to him in our final moments. And then it hit me. When I was younger, in my dads cop car, I would sing this song called you. And right now it fit perfectly.

"Ok. Do you know the song you?" I asked and he shook his head. That would make this all that much better that he didn't know it.

"Ok here it goes." I said and I cleared my throat.

" If you must wait,
Wait for them here in my arms as I shake
If you must weep,
Do it right here in my bed as I sleep
If you must mourn, my love
Mourn with the moon and the stars up above
If you must mourn,
Don't do it alone
If you must leave,
Leave as though fire burns under your feet
If you must speak,
Speak every word as though it were unique
If you must die, sweetheart
Die knowing your life was my life's best part
If you must die,
Remember your life
You are
You are
Oh, you are
You are
Oh
If you must fight,
Fight with yourself and your thoughts in the night
If you must work,
Work to leave some part of you on this earth
If you must live, darling one,
Just live
Just live
Just live"