Chapter 26

(This chapter is also kinda just to add to the story more)

GENS POV

When I woke up I could see I was in a bedroom. They had the curtains shut but a little light had filtered through.

I wasn't myself. I felt strange. My body felt weak and I couldn't move. It's probably the sedative they gave me so I wouldn't kill them while at east river.

I hated that they did it to me, but now Liam. Liam.....omg where is he?! I quickly came back to my mind.

They took chubs away and I didn't know where too and Liam, they must have brought Liam here with me. He wouldn't leave me, would he?

"Liam?" I asked into the darkness of my room. My throat hurt and my voice was raspy. The darkness. There was unknown in the darkness, but I liked that, but only here. Out in the real world though? That was scary.

When I got no response I started to stir. I moved my feet and ankles a little to try and get the stiffness out. I went to stretch my arms but they were restricted.

I tried to move my arms again and this time it hurt. Handcuffs. I realized. I could move my legs and Body, but my arms were tied on either side of me with hand cuffs.

I felt like a inmate who had to go to the hospital. I had watched so many doctor shows as a little girl, and I always saw when they brought in people from the prisons, and they would tie them down with handcuffs in either side of the bed.

I'm not a criminal through. I'm a kid, a teenager. But in some ways I was a criminal, a monster. They probably knew that. I kicked my legs on the bed trying to get the covers off of me.

Once they were off I needed a way to get the cuffs off. I needed to get to Liam. "Hello?!" I asked a little louder. Anyone who was outside my door would come in if they knew I was awake.

I waited 2 minutes before making a move. Every second was precious time. I had to use all my strength. I was already weak and this would make it worse.

I focused on my hands and thought of the heat going there. I knew my hands were getting hotter because I could see them lighting up and the steam coming off them. I opened my eyes and watched as the hand cuffs melted.

I guess the perks of being a red was it didn't hurt when it melted. The metal ran down my hand and it didn't hurt. But maybe it would after. I don't know, I've never melted something in my hand. Only melted or heated things with my hands.

It was weird. It didn't hurt me. Maybe emotionally because I knew what I was, but never physically. Only that one time, but I wasn't using my red abilities, I was using my orange abilities to get lady Jane away from us.

As soon as they were off I hopped out of the bed. I ran to the door to see if I could open it. I had a speculation they wouldn't open like regular doors from this side, and I was right.

I Tried using my powers to melt the door, but they must have ran tests to see if I was red because it wouldn't budge. I tried melting the keypad too, but nothing. They were smart. But then I panicked.

I ran my fingers over my face and through my hair. To know I'm both they must have had to do tests. I checked my arms and legs and nothing. No scratches. No incision sites. This was getting weird.

There was only one door in the room and I knew it wouldn't connect to liams. Where is Liam? He has to be here.

I had no options left, I had to make noise. I started banging on the door. It hurt my hands because I heated up the door but I didn't mind. I needed them to take me to Liam. That's all I cared about, was Liam.