CHAPTER 21: Guitar Strings and a Wedding Ring.

I open my eyes and can’t help it but to smile. I mean who wouldn’t? Seeing the face of the man you love with every fiber of your being... staring right in you.

Yeah I know. Sweet.

             Lindon has been like this every morning since we mated last week? Last last week? Honestly, I got lost track of time since that night but who’s counting? What matters to me is the fact that I am happy everyday single day now that I am with him. He ensures that everytime I woke up, it’s his face that I’ll have a first glimpse of.

            Another thing I love about his morning routine is the breakfast in bed... there’s Java rice partnered with bacon, toast, a slice of mango and a glass of milk.

“And of course, I wouldn’t forget this...” Lindon said after placing the tray in front. Then, he leans forward and give me a morning kiss.

“Good morning honey,” he says, all smile.

“Good morning gorgeous!” I chirped in, surpassing his level of enthusiasm. “Thank you. This is so sweet of you,” I told him as I cuddled myself to his body.

“Anything for my beautiful mate,” he winks at me. I giggled.

“Off to some pack business I guess?” I commented seeing him all dressed up in a suit and tie.

“Yeah. I’ll be back tomorrow.”

“That long?” I asked him arching my eyebrow. He nodded.

 “I guess the council got a long list of matters needed to be discuss,” he told me.

“Oh, alright,” I said, feeling down all of a sudden.

“What’s with the long face?” Lindon asks as he put his palms on the sides of my cheek.

“Nothing,” I mumbled, shaking my head left to right.

“Hey hon cheer up! I’m still here and yet you miss me already,” he’s teasing me so I just chuckled.

 “Too cocky, aren’t we?” my eyebrows furrowed asking that.

“It’s not cockiness, my love. It’s truthfulness,” he said, smirking at me.

 “Whatever you say great and almighty alpha,” I said in sarcasm as I mockingly bow my head to him.

“Oh God. I’m gonna miss this...” Lindon said –still laughing— then leans closer to me. “I’m gonna miss you,” he whispered.

“I’m gonna miss you more,” I said looking into his eyes. “So I suggest you better get your ass off here before I tie you on the bed and never let you go,” I kiddingly warned him.

“I think I will like what you’ll do to me after tying me up,” he told me, grinning from ear to ear.

 “You perv!” then I punch him on his arm. “But seriously Lindon, you better get going. Running late is a very very bad habit,” I said, shoving him off the bed. Lindon grabbed my hand instead and kissed me on my lips.

“Not gonna leave without that,” he said. I reached him for a hug before kissing back.

“I’ll see you tomorrow hon,” I told him, waving my goodbye as he get up from the bed.

“I love you. See you tomorrow,” I mouthed ‘I love you too’ and send a flying kiss. He chuckled at that, wave his hand, and then finally closed the door behind.

            The moment Lindon vanished from the view, it felt like he had taken my energy with him. Call me clingy or whatsoever, but that’s just how I really feel at this moment. And I’m told mates are really like this... they want to be near each other as much as possible. So I diverted my attention at the food on the tray and just decided to have a bite.