CHAPTER 28: Verdict.

< LINDON'S POV >

12:00

            The grandfather clock here in the living room dings as it is already midnight. Although still worried, I told my parents to retired for the night and promise that we will figure out things tomorrow. Same with Luanne. Only Jeric and I stay for any update available. Her phone is still out of reach.

            I decided to close my eyes for a while and try to calm my restless wolf. He's just aggravating the situation with all his tantrums. But several seconds later, my eyes shot open when the phone vibrated on the coffee table along with its loud ringing tone. I get it hastily seeing the registered name flashing on the screen.

"Elerie!"

"I'm afraid this is not her alpha. But no worries. My men safely escorted her to the council," said a male voice in the line.

"Who are you?"

"Chief Officer Gil Morrigan. We're requesting for your immediate presence here at the Wolf Council. I will discuss important matters regarding Ms. Elerie Thompson."

"Why? What happened?"

"It wouldn't be better to discuss it over the line, alpha. I am expecting you as soon as possible."

"Alright. I'm coming over," I said, pressing the end call button after.

            Jeric looks at me, eyes full of inquiry as to what had just transpired.

"The Wolf Council got hold of her. They want me there immediately," I told him as I walk towards the car parked outside. He followed suit.

"Wolf Council? What is she doing there?" he asks, worried.

"I'm not exactly sure right now. But I have a hunch," I replied. When our eyes crossed, he gets it.

"Damon," Jeric whispered. I nod at him.

"Take over the pack while I'm away. Call me if there's emergency," I told him before hitting the accelerator. After which, the car speed away, leaving swirling dust behind.

"Have a seat alpha," said the man behind the huge mahogany desk after we shook hands.

"Is she safe?" were the first words that came out of me. He nods.

"She's currently in the isolation room, recuperating. But her injury wasn't that very serious," Gil informed me.

"She l-lied," I told him, pain evident in my tone. "What really happened to Port Nuvalli?" I ask, looking up to him.

 "Do you remember when you came here, regarding Damon?"I nodded at him.

"I ask for help to find him as soon as possible."

"And we get on it right away, sending our best trackers. Yesterday afternoon, one of them sends an affirmation of Damon's location -in Port Nuvalli. This was reported to Elder Vladimir and he immediately set forth the troops to capture him. We are surprised to encounter Enrico and his group of rouges already attacking the place. And your mate... she's also there," he said, anticipating my reaction.

 "Elerie conspired with Enrico, is that what you're trying to say? I ask him, almost incredulous.

"Yes. Some were killed from Damon's pack and as for him..." he pauses. "His body was burned to death and Olivia, a bullet in the head took away her life," he revealed, feeling mix emotions that it's finally over and at the same time, knowing it was all my mate's doing.