CHAPTER 26: Conspiracy.

I woke up this day still feeling awful just like the past days. But what’s different from today is the fact that I want to fucking end all of this.

Now or never. Do or Die.

            After realizing that asking for Lindon’s help can be too risky and might prolong the search with all the ‘Council’s protocol’ –as he said— I was left with no choice but to resort to the greater evil... the rogues.

            I grabbed my phone and contact the ring leader of the group of rogues who kill for money –one of the most wanted by the Wolf’s Council. And yeah, there’s such thing as ‘wolf-for-hire’. It just so happened that I bump shoulders with them back in Switzerland –when I was having one of those black-market-haggle. They were also eyeing the 1st released silver bombs, to which I bid ten times higher than them. After the dealer gave me the bombs, Enrico –their boss— hand me his contact number. He told me it might come handy in the future...

And so it is.

“Hello,” the deep baritone voice answered after several rings.

“Enrico. Elerie here... Swiss silver bombs?” I reminded, hearing him chuckled from the other line.

“Oh yes. The filthy-rich girl from two years ago,” I let pass his snide remark and get to the point.

“I need your service.”

“Uh-huh, that’s what I’m betting.”

“First, you gonna find them...” I pause, waiting for another one of his sarcastic comments. He remained silent. “...Then I’ll do it my way,” my tone undeniably spitting out my fury.

“The intel?” he asks after seconds of no reply. I told him the specifics about Damon and his pack –-nothing more, nothing less.

“I want this job fast and clean. The payment will be 50/50.”

“Consider it done.”

“Call me once you have a reliable intel,” I said before pressing the end call button.

             There’s still apprehension in some part of me but I let my brain and the hunger for retaliation take over. Thinking of what they had done to me and what I’m about to do with them get mixed up in my brain. So before I lose my insanity, I grabbed the bottle of benzos and intake two of it. Everything is more manageable whenever I’m asleep.

 ***

<LINDON’S POV>

            The scorching sun takes its toll on us after an extended patrol around the pack’s territory. After what happened to Elerie that day on our wedding, the security tightened twice as compared before. But still, as of today, the whereabouts of Damon and his pack is still a blind spot.

             I look at my beta and the other pack fighters with me –all were bathing with sweat. I decided that we go back first and have something to quench our thirst before we continue.

“I’ll meet you at one sharp,” I told them and they bowed their heads at me before going in their respective houses. The unmated ones, along with Jeric, go with me to the pack house.

            We are few meters away from the main entrance when I saw Elerie as she forcefully close the trunk of her car. She must’ve put something on it.

“Elerie...” I called on her. She’s already walking towards the driver’s seat.

             I saw her freeze on her tracks before turning back to face us. She looks at the men beside me with a stoic face –no bright smile like before. When our eyes met, I stared at her. The same sadness is evident on those... since the day she had a miscarriage. But looking closely, I noticed a glint of something else...