CHAPTER 2: If there's a will... there's a way.

From what I see on the wall clock, it's already passed one in the afternoon. And I have been in this position for the last 17 hours –lying on my bed, eyes wide awake.

                   After our trip to Celadon, Brit and I arrived in the compound early evening yesterday. I had dinner with my parents, after which I excused myself and went straight to my room. I quickly took a shower and jumped into my bed right after... staring problematically at the ceiling.

                    Actually, I haven't told anyone... not even Brit. I just don't know what to say and how to say it. Obviously, I cannot tell my best friend that I found my mate yesterday but then –instead of being happy that he finally found me— he left as fast as lightning as if I have some dreadful disease that I am not aware of. Surely, she will gone wild and tell my parents about it... which is a big no-no as of now. I don't want to involve, not yet, my parents with this matter. I must talk to him first and clarify things between us.

But how?

                      My head is throbbing in pain because of the lack of sleep and the issue that keeps on bothering me since last night. I tried for the nth time to get some sleep... or even just a nap. But to no avail, my eyes won't let me. So I resigned myself from forcing to sleep and decided to just sit up, my head resting on the headboard. A moment later, I heard my mom knocking.

"Honey?"

"Yes mom, come in," she turned the doorknob and entered my room. A concerned look is evident on her face.

"Did you sleep?" she asked, worried.

"Not much..." I said shrugging.

"Looks like it... your eye bags say so," I half smiled to her comment. "Elerie, is this about you... taking over your Dad?"

"Well... y-yes. I'm a bit n-nervous," I lied. Telling her the truth, right now, about my mate will not be a good idea. Good thing that the alpha event is here –I have an excuse. Pretty sure that if there's no huge event like this, my mom will see right through me, which means I need to tell the truth.

"Oh dear, there's no reason for you to be nervous. I believe that you will be a great alpha just like Dad. You're a natural Elerie... you are born to be a leader," she said smiling while cupping my face. I nodded and smile gleefully at her.

"Thank you mom," I said and she grabbed me, giving a 'power hug' that she always have whenever I am not feeling well. And just as always, it made me feel a lot better.

"Sweetheart... get up now, take a bath and be downstairs, okay? Dad is quite worried because you haven't taken your lunch. By the way, the make-up artist will be here at around 3 o' clock," she reminded me.

"Be there after 20 minutes," my mom nod and went out.

              I am about to enter the bathroom when suddenly, I heard a phone ringing. I look for my purse, get it from my bedside table and see that it wasn't my phone whose getting a call... it's his phone.

Beta Jeric calling ...

            Read the registered name of the caller. I am having a hesitation whether to accept the call or not. But after a few seconds, a brilliant plan crossed my mind...

I answered the call.

"Alpha, the boundaries are clear and---" I cut him off.

"Hello?"