CHAPTER 22: Tears of Joy.

The very next day, after having our breakfast, Lindon took my hand and we went straight to the garage.

 “Where are we going?” I asked as we enter in his car and he rev the engine.

“To the most important place for you...” he told me with his soul-searching gaze. Still lost in his eyes, I just nodded my head and he speed away.

            I felt the nudged in my heart when I set foot to the familiarity. Indeed, this is the most important place. Here lies the most important people in my life. This is close to my heart.

            As I roam my eyes at the epitaphs, a stabbing feeling of pain reappears in my heart from time to time. But unlike before, this one is manageable. The grudge inside me were finally set free so I guess this particular pang is more on regrets... that I know can never be rewritten no matter what.

            Lindon seems to feel my little sentiments as he got hold of my hand. I look into his eyes still wondering what is his intention as to why we are here. But instead of answering back, we walk towards the epitaphs of my parents... halting when we are now in front.

“I want to tell them something...” he starts off, glancing at me. I nodded for him to continue. “Thank you for raising such a fine daughter. Beautiful, kind-hearted and above all... the bravest she-wolf I’ve ever seen. I’m glad she will be my Luna,” I just stared at him, processing the words he is saying as if he’s really talking to my parents –in flesh. “So I promise to cherish your child for the rest of my life. I will bring her no harm nor let her experience pain. She will only shed tears of joy for I’ll always put a smile on her beautiful face, day and night. Up there in heaven, you will always hear her laughter I know you miss so much. I love your daughter with all that I am,” his voice croaked at the last sentence, a tear slipped on his eye.

            Seeing him like that, I held on his hand more tightly, as if gaining some strength not to burst out here. But believe me, more of this and I’ll break down. I can feel myself already on the brink of it. I’m too emotional these past few days.

“Alpha Laurence, Luna Eleanor...” he calls out, my vision starting to blur hearing my parents’ name once again after such a long time. “I want to spend the rest of my life time with Elerie. I am asking for your daughter’s hand...”

            After he uttered the last word, a chill run down my spine as a cold blow of air passes behind us. The rustling of leaves from a nearby tree is a proof that I didn’t just imagine that. I look at Lindon in a shocked state but he’s totally calm, smiling at me reassuringly.

 “They heard me and they agreed. Your parents never leave your side. They’re always here for you honey,” and once again, a warmer wind engulf my system. Realizing it must be my parents agreeing to what he just said, I let the tears I am holding gush out for the life of me.

             Happy memories of my childhood came rushing... how they were always there to play with me. How they treated me like a princess and gave every whims I had as I child. My first time in school, first heartache... true indeed they never left me alone. I cried hard, almost dropping my orbs out. Lindon calmed me down by patting my back, but it just won’t work. By the minute of continuous crying, my chest is already tightening as I struggled... gasping for air.

“Everything’s fine. Stop crying. Try to relax my love,” he told me, already worried at my present condition.

“I-I c-can’t s-stop,” I told him between hiccups, tears keep on rolling down my cheeks non-stop.