Chapter-47

Lauren Hart

There is no better feeling than being back at home. No matter if you have gone out just for a walk, the home gives a sense of security and peace.

"Let's go inside. I can't wait to get back into my pajamas." I sighed, removing the seatbelt from around me. It was already evening and all I wanted to do is to have a cup of coffee to wash away my exhaustion.

"You go first, I'll follow after you shortly," Sean said while drumming his fingers on the steering wheel, his gaze meeting Ryan's at the backseat through the rearview mirror.

"Oh, alright." I didn't press much thinking he would have to park the car in the garage. "Ryan, come with me." I opened the door but Sean's sudden loud interruption caused me to flinch.

"No, I'll bring him in. You go."

"Yes, Lauren, I will come with dad," Ryan spoke as well.

Frowning a little I flicked my eyes between the boys who seemed to be secretly conversing through their eyes. Something was brewing between them, I had to know about it.

"What's with the stare game?" I raised my eyebrows. "What's cooking between you two?"

Sean broke his gaze from Ryan and looked at me and again drummed his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel. "Nothing important, just man to man talks. Now go, Lauren."

By now, I was sure something was certainly cooking between them because they had been doing a lot of man to man talks these days. I decided to leave the poor souls for now, but I would surely go deep into the matter.

"Alright. Have a nice private man to man talk." I added sarcastically and slipped out of the car. Though outside, I saw their giggling faces which raised my suspicion.

I went inside and dropped myself on the couch in the living room. Removing my heels, I clutched my knee-length, floral sundress between my thighs and sprawled on the couch, and moaned in delight when my head hit the fluffy cushion. I only had one thing running in my head; coffee.

Please, someone, make coffee for me. I mentally spoke to practically no one.

I had only shut my eyes in relief when Ryan's sweet voice caused me to open my eyes.

"Lauren?" He stood near me, peering at my resting self.

"Done with your private man to man talks already?" I queried. "And where's your dad?" I asked while roaming my eyes in the room. Weren't they supposed to enter together?

Ryan leaned forward on the couch, pressing it with his hands. "Uh, he's still outside. Uh, can I say something to you?"

"You don't have to ask, buddy. Say it." I muttered as I forced myself into a sitting position.

He surprised me by jumping on my lap. He gazed deeply into my eyes with a tiny smile lingering on his lips.

"Thank you, Lauren." He said and pecked my cheek.

I laughed at his heartwarming gesture. "For what, buddy?"

"For loving me with all your heart." He was quick to reply. He stunned me by his reply, my heart melted like butter melts when kept outside the fridge.

I hadn't even come out of the shock of Ryan's confession when all the lights turned off automatically making it pitch dark, bringing me out of the shock.

"Now what happened to the lights?" I gently pushed Ryan off my lap onto the couch and stood up. "Sean, you there? Sean!" I called for him. When I didn't receive any answer from him I decided to check on the lights myself.