Chapter-13

Lauren Hart

"L.A.U.R.E.N"

"That's how her name is spelled. Now pronounce."

I was not even over with our interaction that had happened an hour ago and now, grandma was determined to teach Mr. Peterson- how to pronounce my name.

Stupid Lauren!

Why didn't I pull back? Why I felt like kissing him? Oh, how dumb of me! Why would I pull away when I had always dreamt of kissing his lips?

"Lauren, snap out of your dreamland. He finds you annoying, not attractive. Stop fantasizing about him. Not good for your mental health." I mentally scolded myself.

My subconscious mind scoffed back at me. "As if you think any different of him. You find him annoying as well as attractive."

"Ugh! He's annoyingly attractive!" I shut my subconscious mind with my reply.

A whirlwind of thoughts was already taking over my mind and grandma here wanted him to pronounce my name.

For god's sake, don't try to kill me, grandma! I groaned mentally.

I sneaked a glance at him and found him completely uninterested in the topic. His clenched fists and hard face was the proof.

"Come on, say it! It's not that hard." Grandma insisted. At this moment I wanted Ryan to be with us for distraction but grandma had sent him in the room to study.

"Why are you so persistent grandma?" He snapped.

"Just say it." My eyes turned wide at her stern reply. Whoa! She was in no mood to listen to anyone.

"Fine! Lauren. Happy now?"

It's not that tingles shot in my body or my heart picked up race or butterflies erupted in my stomach when he pronounced my name but my heart did skip a beat. And it felt different. Strange. Maybe because I hadn't heard him say my name ever before?

"See, was that hard?" Grandma then turned to me. "Now your turn. I hope you know the spelling?"

I didn't want to delay the process as I knew she wouldn't give up until she gets what she wanted. So, without thinking twice I said it.

"Sean." I didn't meet his eyes, I couldn't. I felt like I had crossed an unknown threshold which, for once, was off-limit.

"Well done. Now I want you two to stick to it, get that?" Grandma's firm and deathly order had me nodding my head without hesitation.

"As your wish is now fulfilled, I'll take my leave. Have to check some papers." He stood up from the couch but before he could leave grandma spoke up again.

"Okay, fine. And listen, today I'm going out for grocery shopping."

"You don't have to do it. There are people I've appointed to do the work." He replied.

"I know, but I want to go out and explore. Grocery shopping is just an excuse." Came her reply.

"Okay, if that's what you want. I'll ask my driver to bring you to the supermarket." He stated.

"Okay. And oh, Lauren and Ryan are accompanying me. You can join us as well if you want to."

Wait, what? Me? Grocery shopping? She hadn't asked me about it. I was confused.

"I'm sorry but I don't do grocery shopping, grandma. I better stay at home."

"If that's what you want." Grandma nodded her head and he walked upstairs to his study and I kept gaping at him. Why didn't he protest? How could he let me go out with her when he knew it was risky?