Chapter-34

Not proofread!
___________________________________

Sean Peterson

Avoiding her was pure torture to me.

Watching her go in and out of my office repeatedly never felt so painful. I couldn't flush her out of my system. The more I noticed her the more I fought the urge to go and kiss the daylight out of her and make her realize that she liked me too.

But a notable distance was needed to make things work. I didn't want her to feel forced. If she wanted me she would come to me without me making any move.

I couldn't understand what exactly was happening to me. I had never been distracted by a woman as much as I was by Lauren. She had imprinted herself in my every thought. It was only her I had been thinking about even during work.

Could a simple attraction flip my heat, mind, and soul? Does attraction have so much power over the mind? I doubt it!

Or maybe it wasn't an attraction anymore? Maybe I had developed a strong liking for her? Or could it be love? No! How could it be love? Well, how would I know? I had never been in love before.

I became restless when this 'L' word knocked on my thoughts. My breathing became ragged. I tried to calm myself down by squeezing a stress reliever ball but when it didn't calm me even after five minutes I threw it back on my desk in agitation.

It was good for me that Lauren had already left for home because if she saw me bubbling in frustration she would have asked for the reason to which I had no explanation.

But I needed answers! Who could have I asked? Grandma? Nah! She would become overexcited and will direct the topic to love advice.

Ariana and Eloise? They could me the answers but they still weren't on a talking basis with me.

Now, only two close people left who will tease me to death but will give the right answers since they had already found their loves.

God, I had never thought I would ever seek their help regarding this matter.

Without further ado, I called and asked them to meet me in a restaurant near our office then I left for the restaurant.

Hope neither of the two ends up in hospital tonight. Eloise and Ariana will never forgive me.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Will you two stop laughing?!"

I growled looking at the two fuckers who had been laughing like maniacs for the last ten minutes.

It was a terrible idea to ask for their help.

I told them about my strong feelings for Lauren and since then they had been laughing as if they never urged me to find a woman for myself.

"I am better off single!" Daniel tried to mimic me while laughing.

"I don't have feelings for her or anyone! Remember you said that?" Xavier asked while trying to control his laughter.

"Will you stop laughing and tell me what I asked or should I leave?" I grumbled but it didn't have any effect on them. Huffing, I stood from the chair. "Fuck off!"

I almost left the private room of the restaurant where we had decided to dine when I was stopped from exiting and was forcefully dragged back to the table.

"What the hell you two are doing?!" I snapped and yanked myself out of their hold. "Apparently, you don't have an answer to my question then let me leave!"