Chapter-27

Lauren Hart

"Hey, Sean—oops! Did I interrupt something?"

My wide eyes met Daniel Adams' playful gaze that lingered on our hands. I instantly pulled my hands away and maintained a good two hands distance from Sean. I flushed red and couldn't meet his eyes.

He caught us! Crap! What would he be thinking of us?

"What the hell Daniel! Can't you knock?" Sean yelled loudly, making me flinch at his tone.

"Oh, you very well know that I don't." Daniel grinned. "By the way, what exactly is going over here, Sean babe?"

"Would you ever stop calling me that?" Sean roared. God, their bickering is out of the world.

"What? Babe? No!" Daniel replied smoothly, making Sean fume in anger.

And I was stifling my laughter. I should be concerned about myself and here I was enjoying their bickering.

"Miss Hart, would you tell me what was going on here?" I flinched when I heard my name. He raised his eyebrows and his eyes held a mischievous glint.

"I...I came to remind him about his meeting, Mr. Adams." I stuttered, not meeting his eyes. With every passing second, I grew redder and redder.

Daniel Adams studied both of us for a few minutes and kept smiling secretly.

"Will stop smiling?" Sean snapped. "What are you here for? Just state the reason for your arrival and leave." He was getting impatient.

"Why? Can't wait to be alone again?" Daniel wiggled his eyebrows and I looked for something to hide my face with. It was so damn embarrassing.

"Daniel shut up or you'll leave my office with broken bones," Sean warned him, giving him a deadly glare.

I scolded myself. I should have left the moment Daniel entered to save myself from embarrassment. However, it wasn't late to do so.

"Uh, I shall take your leave." I hadn't even turned my body to leave when Daniel spoke up.

"No. Don't."

"Huh?" I looked at him with a questioning gaze. I didn't miss the slight playful smirk his lips formed.

"What I mean to say is...you don't have to leave." His smirk deepened as he faced fuming Sean. "What you two were doing is way much more important than the work I came for. So, I must be the one leaving."

"We weren't doing anything, Mr. Adams. You must stay as you have work, I—" Before I could explain Daniel again spoke up.

"Oh, don't give any explanation Miss Hart. Believe me, I understand." He chuckled. "You two continue. I'll take my leave now besides, I don't want to be labeled as a private moment interrupter."

Oh, god! Did he want me to bathe in red color?

"Sean, make sure to give me a call when you two are done." He commented as he turned to exit. "And make sure to lock the door this time as I might show myself again without knocking."

Alarmed, I faced Sean who, surprisingly, seemed unaffected by his friend's teasing, and here I was, panicking to death.

"Oh, I forgot something. Miss Hart?" Daniel faced me again and I gave him my alarmed attention. Now what?

"Y..yes, Mr. Adams?"

"Call me Daniel from now on, Lauren."

He smiled and walked out, shutting the door behind him and I lost my senses.