Chapter-21

Lauren Hart

Amidst of interrogation, we heard Amara cry for her parents. Worried, we rushed outside to the room and found her covering Travis with her small body as if shielding him. All men came out too.

"Amara what are you doing?" Ariana tried to lift her but she denied it by crying. "No, no, no, no, I no momma."

Xavier came and lifted her in a swift motion and Eloise and Daniel caressed their baby who was throwing arms and legs in the air while giggling.

"What happened, baby?" Xavier asked wiping invisible tears from her face. "Daddy." Her lower lip trembled. Ariana caressed her back and asked again as to what happened.

"He urt Tavis." She complained in the cutest way possible while pointing at Ryan. I gasped and rushed to Ryan; Sean too joined.

"What did you do, buddy?" I asked. He looked like he too was about to cry.

"I did not hurt him. I wanted to play with him but she pushed me." His lower lip trembled as he fidgeted his fingers.

"Hey, hey don't cry." Sean engulfed him in a hug.

"Amara, did you push him?" Ariana asked a bit strictly yet calmly. She looked into her mother's eyes for a second and nodded her head. "Tavis baby...mine. He can't." She mumbled with glistening eyes.

Ariana took her from Xavier and kissed her face. "Amara, this is not good. Travis is not only yours; you should let others play with him too. He too wants to make friends like you." She explained her politely.

"And Amara didn't I tell you to make Ryan your friend?" Xavier asked her to which she nodded her head. "So did you? You didn't, right?"

"Come, we'll make Ryan our friend." He took her from Ariana and landed her on her feet and crouched down. "Say hello to Ryan."

"Hello." She whispered. I love the way she listens to her parents.

"Ryan you too, say hello," Sean said to him but he didn't reply.

"Ryan, bad manners." I scolded him softly. Before I could ask him to say hello to Amara, she complained to her father. "He %&$%%&$% friend."

"You mean to say he doesn't want to be your friend?" Xavier rephrased her words. "Okay, tell me...do you remember what you momma and me told you?" He asked and she tilted her head in confusion. Ariana crouched down and smiled at her daughter.

"We taught you not to give up until you have tried your best, remember?" She said as she caressed Amara's hair. "Now, try once again and maybe offer him your piggy." She suggested.

"Piggy? No." Amara pouted. Aww, she's so damn cute.

"Amaraaa," Ariana warned her. "You have a lot of them at home. Sharing one to make friends won't rob you off of toys."

She first hesitated then stepped forward to offer Ryan her loving toy. Guess she really wanted to be friends with him.

"Buddy." I patted his back, telling him to accept the toy. He reluctantly accepted.

"Now, both of you, shake your hands and say hello," Sean said to both of them.

"Hello." And finally, Ryan shook her hand. Everyone clapped for the start of a new friendship.

"Ryan, Amara, come over here," Eloise called them to her. Amara held Ryan's hand against his will and dragged him to Eloise. Kids!

"You wanted to play with Travis, right Ryan? Come hold his hand." She smiled and bobbed her head towards the couch where Travis laid. Ryan took hesitant steps forward and tried to hold his hand but Travis didn't let him as he gripped his finger.