Chapter Fourteen

You know when you plan to surprise somebody, but you get so excited that you just continuously want to ruin the surprise. Well, that is the position I'm at now. I'm currently sitting on the end of one of the docks with Corpse on the phone.

"Hey Corpse," I ask quietly after our last topic had died down.

"Yeah?" he responds.

"Surprises are so hard," I whine a little.

He chuckles a bit,"Is it really?"

"Yesss. I just want to tell him. I know he's gonna be so excited!" I inform him.

"I'm sure he will be, but do you think he'd be able to not tell the other two?" He asks.

"I think so. Maybe you're right. Maybe we shouldn't risk it. I'll just learn some patience," I say.

"It's okay. You can tell him if you'd like, it's up to you," He assures me.

"I think I'm just going to keep it a surprise for now," I decide.

"Okay. That's fine too," He says.

We talk for a little while longer before the boys come down the dock.

"Oh no, they found me," I say to Corpse.

"Haha. I'll let you go then," He replies.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later. Buh bye~" I say.

"Goodbye," he says.

We hang up.

"Who was that?" Karl asks.

"Just a friend. Now are we gonna do the fishing video or not?" I say, getting up from my spot.

"Hell yeah!" Chris cheers.

"Can I be the camera man?" Chandler asks.

"Sure!" I agree to it.

We walk back up to the cabin and grab our supplies. We then proceed to spend the rest of the day fishing. Just like good ole country boys do.

In the end, Chris catches the most fish. Karl and I even decided to team up and we still lost. We take our stuff back up to the cabin and change out of our fishing clothes. Well, Chandler doesn't change but the rest of us do.

When everyone is in their comfy clothes, we all decide to watch a movie. Karl and I snuggle on one couch as Chris and Chandler lay on the other two.

I end up falling asleep half way through in Karl's arms.

Karl POV

"I still can't believe you two aren't dating," Chris says. We decided to pause the movie and just talk since Y/N fell asleep.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I ask, suddenly feeling my face heat up.

"I don't know. You guys have just always known each other, and obviously are close enough to sleep in the same bed. I just feel like you guys would make the perfect couple," Chris explains.

"Oh well I uh--" Karl starts, but is interrupted by Chandler.

"Bro it's obvious you like her. If not a lot then at least a little bit," Chandler says, shoving popcorn in his mouth.

Karl stays quiet for a moment. Of course he has had small feelings for Y/N. He's had them since they first met. I mean, they did date once, but they decided it would be best to just stay friends. That didn't mean that he stopped liking her. Did she stop liking him?

"We're not saying you should act on anything. We're just stating the obvious, and the obvious is that you two like each other," Chris states.

"You really think she likes me?" I ask nervously, looking down at the peacefully sleeping girl.

"I do. She doesn't always show it, but I think she does. At least a little," Chandler says.

"I-uh- what do you think I should do?" I ask them.

"What do you think you should do Karl? This is your life here buddy, not ours. We can't make big decisions for you," Chris warns.

"I think I should tell her," I state nervously.

"That sounds like a good idea," Chris says. He has always seemed like a big brother to me. I'm so glad to have him in my life.

"How do you plan on doing that?" Chandler asks.

I think about it for a minute before the perfect idea comes to my head.

"There's this restaurant nearby that we used to go to all the time when we were younger. I think I want to take her there," I explain my plan to them.

"Sounds cheesy," Chandler says.

"Well maybe I like cheesy," I say back.

We all laugh a bit before deciding it was late enough to go to bed. I lift Y/N and carry her into the room. She stirs a bit, but goes back to sleep when I Kay her down and tuck her in. I kiss her on the forehead before climbing next to her. "Goodnight Y/N, I love you," I say before eventually drifting off into dreamland.

Twelve days left to go.

Hiya!! What do y'all think of this juicy drama?

Also if you want to read the Dream and Corpse book I'm writing, no you don't. It lowkey sucks, but I said I was going to write it so I am.

Speaking of other books. Go check out the book on YellowAppleSeed 's page. It's a story that we're making up together and it is going to be really fun.

Well, I hope you all have enjoyed you're first month of 2021!! Byyyye~~