Chapter Twenty

There's something beautiful about being on the brink of death. At first it hurts, but then you get used to it. The burning feeling in your lungs disappear as you become more numb. Allowing yourself to let go of something that means so much to you can be quite relieving.  And so I close my eyes and let my body sink deeper and deeper into the lake. Deeper and Deeper into peace.

Corpse pov

Y/N and her mom step outside so I make my way to find Karl. He's currently talking to someone who I remember being introduced to as Y/N's dad. I walk over to them and join their conversation.

"I'm pretty sure that tire swing is still hanging out there. We don't really go back there much anymore, but I think I saw it once," Y/N's dad says.

"Really? That's awesome! " Karl says excitedly.

"Maybe you should try to convince Y/N to come out there again sometime," her dad says.

"Definitely. You should come too Corpse," Karl says turning to me.

"Where?" I ask.

"To Y/N's Dad's house. They have a forest behind their house that Y/N and I used to play in all the time. We would always talk about trying to build a tree house back there or something, but we only got as far as a tire swing. Maybe in the future we could build a tree house, for Bailey that is," Karl explains.

"That sounds nice," I say with a smile.

Suddenly there is shouting heard from outside. I look in the direction that it was coming from and realise that it was the door that Y/N and her mother went out earlier. I make my way over there and as soon as I got there Y/N's mother came in. 

"Oh hey Corpse. Y/N decided that she wanted to go back to her cabin. I'm not surprised, she was never much of a people person anyways. Where were we?" She greets.

"I, uh, I need to go check on Y/N," I say pushing past her and running outside.

I run back in the direction of our cabin shouting Y/N's name. I see a shadow moving in the direction of the dock and start running that way. When I get to the dock all I see are the ripples in the water. I peer in the water at the edge and see a figure sinking deeper in the water. I take a deep breathe and jump in, swimming down  towards the figure.

Y/N pov

My head is fuzzy and I know that there isn't much more time before the water is done consuming me. Just as I'm ready to say my last goodbye I feel something wrap around me. It's so warm. it feels so safe. Before I know what it truly is, I drift off into a deep sleep. This is it I guess.

Corpse pov

I pull Y/N out of the water and lay her out on the dock. I do my best attempt at CPR. I can only barely hear her heart beating.  I'm doing this for a good ten minutes, but it's not working. I don't know what to do. I keep shouting for help but no one can hear me.

"Y/N," I say softly, pushing her hair back.

"Baby girl please come back," I plead.

"I need you. I need you to come back," I grab her hands in mine.

"Please. Please come back. Y/N, please, " I cry.

There's something about being with someone that makes your heart beat faster, even if your heart is not beating at all.

What's poppinnnn. How are we feeling after this? :))

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I got to go to class, byyye~~